Sign in to follow this  
Kipale

Game got unplayable for me

I hear random zombie noises, can opening, eating, ammo sound every 2 seconds.

It bothers me so much when i try to focus but i get distracted by these sounds all the time, it's unreal how annyoing it is.

Have you been tested for Attention Deficit Disorder?

• Like 1

I have a slight bit of ADD and this does not bother me in the least bit lol.

Not everyone is the same is what im trying to get at.

Edited by Deathlove

No. Maybe i explained it badly, i can focus but these sounds makes it really annyoing when you hear these fake sounds all the time. 

what really freaks me out now are the random zombies out in the forests, you hear aggro and think it's just a rabbit and next thing you get hit or look behind and there is one chasing you..

A couple of times I got stuck in a loop of the zombie aggro noise.  It was like every couple of seconds I would hear one scream out, it freaked me out the first couple of times but after a couple of minutes it just became annoying as hell.  I even stopped looking around to see if a zombie was actually after me and eventually I just had to log to clear it.  The really need to refine the ambient noises.

The one that always got me is the like bat hitting the chain link fence noise. Scared the shit out of me a few times.

The developers are aware of the issue but it's not currently a top priority.

This is game breaking for you?

Random noise make the game unplayable?

Mmkay then.

No. Maybe i explained it badly, i can focus but these sounds makes it really annyoing when you hear these fake sounds all the time.

Yeah I think the guy's point is that the random sounds have been there for a long time. Personally I can't remember having played SA without them.

The whole sound system sucks tbh. Missing some sounds (which is serious when it's gunshots) while having too many other. I guess the reasonable plan is to not try to fix something they'll replace the whole thing in one fell sweep.

I found server where i don't hear them, or maybe once every 5 min. 

The noises bug the hell out of me, I always think someone is next to me when I hear them eating or drinking

Yeah it's pretty annoying I agree, if they can't even fix shit like this that shoulda been done forever ago what hope does thus game have. Instead they add towns and weapons to fuel the pvp epens. Zombies still have super sight and hearing, items falling through the ground n shit.

Of course it's still alpha but stuff like this should be main priority not towns and weapons.

Yeah it's pretty annoying I agree, if they can't even fix shit like this that shoulda been done forever ago what hope does thus game have. Instead they add towns and weapons to fuel the pvp epens. Zombies still have super sight and hearing, items falling through the ground n shit.

Of course it's still alpha but stuff like this should be main priority not towns and weapons.

Yes it is alpha, that's is why they are adding new things. When beta comes along they will start to fix all the known bugs

• Like 1

They should lock down the main mechanics of the game before adding things to do. Zombies are still retarded to hit. Got move to the side and hope your axe hits them then bandage and hope no more show up.

By everyone stating it's alpha over n over it gives then the ok to keep doing this. But all anyone really cares about is pvping.

ive noticed when im on a very low pop, don't really notice the random sounds, but on high pops - it's quite constant and distracting!

• Like 2

ive noticed when im on a very low pop, don't really notice the random sounds, but on high pops - it's quite constant and distracting!

That's because - as far as i know - the random noises aren't really random but triggered by other players on the server. You do actually hear someone opening a can, splitting ammo, aggroing a zombie, but hes nowhere near to you at that time. However, the random sounds seem not to play its full lenght, e.g. you hear someone opening a can but no drinking sound, you hear a zombie aggro but only a short YEEEARG, so it's kinda easy to notice if a sound is random or not.

I agree that it is annoying, though.

• Like 1