So I spawn in Electro, walk a few meters, come across the school (I think it is). I hear flies, so oh boy, some loot. I make my way to the top of the roof where the body is, and square in the middle, slightly off the edge is a body.

On this body are:

-Alice pack

-Matches

-Hunting knife

-Winchester x5 ammo mags

-Compass

-Map

All this good starting gear, I try studying but its unknown. Now im wondering, why did this guy die? He wasn't killed by zombies, he had way to much ammo to let that happen. He didn't die from food or lack of water, 3 cans of pepsi, and 2 canteens filled. And I don't think he was shot, any person in their right mind would go and take his stuff.

So, any idea what happened to this guy, or why? It was a lucky break I guess on my part, but yeah.

Someone probably killed him that had one each of the unique items already. What you dont see is that he probably had a nice gun or some other item that was stripped.

I suspect he was killed by a bandit, perhaps one who had no intention of ever looting the corpse.

I heard rumor it was a player that heard DayZ would not revert on the current patch. So he took two cyanide pills. He decided dealing with the current zombie threat was just too much. It’s just a rumor though.

I heard rumor it was a player that heard DayZ would not revert on the current patch. So he took two cyanide pills. He decided dealing with the current zombie threat was just too much. It’s just a rumor though.

made me smile this probably happened just before he was going to jump off the roof for the same reason

in honesty perhaps the guy who killed him had the winchy and took his AK or something, or perhaps he was just hunted by a bandit with a DMR.... alot of people die that way

He didnt fall though, his body was on the roof with me, and there was no point to go up any further unless he fell from a helicopter or something, which I doubt.

Sniper probably took him out but didn't retrieve the supplies.

I've seen many people killing themselves im this mod, they just can't do it any longer. But hey, loot! :)

Was probably a bandit hunting him, "For sport" that or maybe the guy started firing on someone and ended up losing the exchange.

He probably got shot ran to hide in cover then bled to death not paying attention to the meter or something which the bandit couldn't confirm he killed him and didn't want to risk going in the town for fear of being shot. I have come across bodies far more well armed with like a aks-74 with a reflex scope, a backpack with a shotgun and full ammo, and a G17 pistol with full ammo with some food, meds, utility items. I could never figure out why anyone would kill him and not fully loot him. That particular body I found literally dead right outside a barn door.

He probably got shot ran to hide in cover then bled to death not paying attention to the meter or something which the bandit couldn't confirm he killed him and didn't want to risk going in the town for fear of being shot. I have come across bodies far more well armed with like a aks-74 with a reflex scope' date=' a backpack with a shotgun and full ammo, and a G17 pistol with full ammo with some food, meds, utility items. I could never figure out why anyone would kill him and not fully loot him. That particular body I found literally dead right outside a barn door.

[/quote']

Yeah, did he have a bandage?

And barn doors do kill, play safe.

The player that killed him might have had better gear. I personally prefer the sniper rifles (for human hunting) and will not trade them away for a Winchester. The Winchester is easy to find to begin with, and primary weapons also consume alot of space, so it's not very practical to keep them in your backpack, even if you have one with 16-20 slots.

This is really interesting. Not for the OP, no offense, but because of the simple fact that nobody is 100% sure of what happened.

I find myself coming along Survivor corpses in some of the weirdest and most remote places imaginable. From in some random barn, to in the middle of a remote village, to on the steps of a nameless un-enterable building, to hanging in a church. I've found people dead out in the wilderness away from any type of zombies or hubs of banditry.

It really is eerie sometimes, coming across a corpse and having literally no idea how this person met their end. Crouched over as I search the body, the thought of a hiding zombie or sniper reticle settled nicely on my chest while I do so. Hell, I've found someone that I even found dead that looked like they'd just run out of food and water. Nothing on them but weapons and a hunting knife.

I put it down to bandit sport, i did a similar act 2 day ago left him there as bait outside the elektro bank hoping someone would try looting it and stay still for a while if they were, nobody bit though,