Bigbadchuck

101 vs AKM

I haven't fired the 101 yet but it looks cooler so I'm gonna say that one is better

Proof of how shit AKM is:

Recorded at 1920x1080 so wait till YouTube processes the video for normal quality.

Edited by MaxRain

Found AKM, the video is on the way. If you have no argument, don't post there.

Saying that AKM is shitty was really "good" argument lol.

Btw all above video is proving is that you have no clue about bullet drop of 7.62x39 because you are not compensating for it.

Here, I found your problem with AKM for you!

Edited by Hombre

AK101 the best gun so far. Can kill a player on point at 800m with PSO1 scope.

Players are too hard to hit using an AKM if the distance is 400m and above.

The only advantage of AKM to the AK101 is the 75 rnd mag.

JUST TEST BOTH WEAPONS and you'll see what I mean.  :D

Recorded at 1920x1080 so wait till YouTube processes the video for normal quality.

couple things...

1. Your arm needs a splint ull get a lot less weapon sway (the game is bugged and does not update when u have broken arms from zombies). this is contributing to a lot of weapon sway (also you should not rest your breath inbetween shots for better results)

2. Maxing out field of view screws with the PSO scope range finding since the optimal field of view for it is between the I and e I believe (could be wrong) but either way the setting your using is screwing with the scope.

3. not sure what this is supposed to prove? You fired a ton of shots at gas pumps with both guns. I get that it took you less with the 101 but you also took more time in between each shot with the 101 on several occasions you fired 2-3 shots with the AKM in quick succession without resetting the aim. Also since the AKM has a much larger kick more time should be allowed in between shots to reset the aim. With so much weapon sway in both comparisons it is hard to say in such a limited sample if what you're  experiencing is even significant. Also you did not finish off the pumps with the AKM and instead switched to the 101 so for all we know the AKM could have finished the pumps in the same amount of shots that the 101 did once you swapped to it.

The 2 videos done by WOBO and agamingcouple on the comparisons between both guns were on zombies at decent ranges. neither of their results were as dramatically different. The gaming couple test was convincing because they killed 100 of zombies. I believe they mentioned the 101 was better but only slightly.

Finally if you want to consistently be making 800 yard shots you may wanna consider a different gun than the Ak101 or AKM....your not going to kill many players like that unless they are sitting absolutely still for a head shot the mousin would be more suited. 

I appreciate the video but this does not really prove anything aside from the fact that your long range shooting needs work and your more comfortable with the AK101 which does in fact have less kick and is easier to handle....but that does not necessarily mean accuracy between both is significantly different, 

Agree with Max. The recoil makes the 101 more accurate for everything after the first shot. If you guys with the AKM are hitting everything on the first shot(and killing), that is quite amazing and I hope to not run into you. I use single shot on the AKM, it just sprays on auto. I like the 75-round drums, because the are cool. I use a 100 round dual-drum(5.56) in real life, it is heavy when loaded, and it keeps the guns more stable when the drum is full. The AKM should be more stable with a full 75-round drum, but it is not factored in this game.

I take the first AK I see and only switch if it makes sense ammo wise.

It real life, a 5.56 is far more accurate than the 7.62, with almost zero recoil. My AK-47's on full auto can be tough to control, even with a grip on the front rail. My XM-15 on full auto is like butta...I almost exclusively use burst or semi for all of them, as does the rest of the highly trained world.

In a real apocalyptic scenario, I would take the AKM over the M4, because the maintenance is almost nothing on the AK's.

• Like 1

http://a.pomf.se/fdskfb.webm

First of all, you're not even aiming properly.

Zero properly next time and get out of here. You keep getting slam dunked. 

Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 1

couple things...

1. Your arm needs a splint ull get a lot less weapon sway (the game is bugged and does not update when u have broken arms from zombies). this is contributing to a lot of weapon sway (also you should not rest your breath inbetween shots for better results)

2. Maxing out field of view screws with the PSO scope range finding since the optimal field of view for it is between the I and e I believe (could be wrong) but either way the setting your using is screwing with the scope.

3. not sure what this is supposed to prove? You fired a ton of shots at gas pumps with both guns. I get that it took you less with the 101 but you also took more time in between each shot with the 101 on several occasions you fired 2-3 shots with the AKM in quick succession without resetting the aim. Also since the AKM has a much larger kick more time should be allowed in between shots to reset the aim. With so much weapon sway in both comparisons it is hard to say in such a limited sample if what you're  experiencing is even significant. Also you did not finish off the pumps with the AKM and instead switched to the 101 so for all we know the AKM could have finished the pumps in the same amount of shots that the 101 did once you swapped to it.

The 2 videos done by WOBO and agamingcouple on the comparisons between both guns were on zombies at decent ranges. neither of their results were as dramatically different. The gaming couple test was convincing because they killed 100 of zombies. I believe they mentioned the 101 was better but only slightly.

Finally if you want to consistently be making 800 yard shots you may wanna consider a different gun than the Ak101 or AKM....your not going to kill many players like that unless they are sitting absolutely still for a head shot the mousin would be more suited. 

I appreciate the video but this does not really prove anything aside from the fact that your long range shooting needs work and your more comfortable with the AK101 which does in fact have less kick and is easier to handle....but that does not necessarily mean accuracy between both is significantly different, 

1. My arm didn't need a splint, I used morphine before the test anyway. The sway is due to heavy breathing. I know about this bug too well to ignore it.

2. I do not use range finder, it is useless. I know for a fact the almost exact distance. Tested with mosin, tested with AKM and AK101. Also there is a thing called a MAP.

3. You are either blind or just a troll. I used enough time to reset shots, it is all in a damn video. You probably skipped it, don't you. You don't need to teach me how to "reset shots", it isn't my first time playing DayZ. First burst fire was because of how sensitive my mouse is. And it is in fact harder to one-shot with AKM anyway (I have another mouse, same issue). And it was just ONE TIME. Nice try to disprove the fact.

The rest of your post is just expected rationalization of how wrong you was. I proved my case. People don't like it and bitch about it.

http://a.pomf.se/fdskfb.webm

First of all, you're not even aiming properly.

Zero properly next time and get out of here. You keep getting slam dunked. 

From your video it isn't even clear what the distance is and you want to say I am aiming improperly, kid? What else will you find? My black high capacity vest was a major influence on the shots? If you lost the argument, please, don't try to make it even worse by showing how git gud you need in your life. Please I need to know how to "aim properly" according to you. Like you don't know that if a distance is higher than zeroing you need to aim higher? Or is AKM magical weapon where everything works in reverse? Enlighten us.

The distance is what? 600? It is the last effective range of AKM, but from my experience I don't even see shots usually past 500 meters. Next time use at least 800 to prove me wrong. I admit my mistakes, but looks, like you don't want to.

Edited by MaxRain

Still haven't got it? Alright, it's time for science.

1. Your zeroing isn't perfect. This is why you're overshooting so much from the center reticule. I'd say you're overshooting by a few meters or so. 

2. 7.62x39 has a more parabolic flight path than that of 5.56. Read #1.

3. You're aiming at a height = bullets always fly a bit higher. 

The fact that I can hit every shot at 600m and you can't hit any of your shots means you're the person doing something wrong. 

• Like 1

It isn't overshooting. If you looked my test with AK101 I had to aim equally higher to hit the target. it is the same with a MOSIN. A MOSIN. Do you want to tell me that sks ammo travel exclusively different trajectory, but mosin and m4 ammo travel the same? The distance is 860 meters, the zeroing is 800. Git gud, outlock.

You are embarrassing yourself. The fact that you tested at pussy 600 meters shows how afraid you are to be proved wrong. Do you even leave the coast? Find a place with at least 800 meters and replicate the test, then you can talk.

As of now, my assertion has been proven. Ak101 is more accurate than AKM.

• Like 1

After reading this whole thread, I conclude

-The AK101 has less recoil, and is therefor more accurate, but at a cost of Damage. For those single shot long range attacks, go with the 101 because the 5.56 bullet velocity seems far superior.

However, for pure firepower, dominance, suppression and lets not forget kick-assness

go with the AKM, why? Because you can put a Drum mag on it and light a fire under anythings ass in dayz with a click of the mouse.

-Id take the AKM any day simply because of the better damage, and Massive drum Mag

• Like 1

Do you want to tell me that sks ammo travel exclusively different trajectory, but mosin and m4 ammo travel the same?

That wouldn't be too far off the mark to be honest.

h60hEIk.png

I ran around for a few days with akm and ak101. I also feel the AK101 is way more accurate.

P.S. You might have more luck with both guns in your test, if you right click on and deploy the bipod before going prone. 

I say the AKM is far more baller, I killed 4 people yesterday with it, didn't even have to aim just point and shoot.

different caliber different results.

AKM i can kill a Z with 1 body shot.

AK101 takes 2. 

this may be different depending on situations etc. 

but im talking Z right in front of me.

AKM = noob friendly. if you shoot more than 2 bullets in a burst. USE THE AKM

if you are decent player. you will probably  take the ak101 every time. 

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

different caliber different results.

AKM i can kill a Z with 1 body shot.

AK101 takes 2. 

this may be different depending on situations etc. 

but im talking Z right in front of me.

AKM = noob friendly. if you shoot more than 2 bullets in a burst. USE THE AKM

if you are decent player. you will probably  take the ak101 every time. 

Can't wait for when the game is ballanced and player will have to simply take what they find instead of going:"AKM? Hell naw, I'll take that export version of AK74M (101) instead.".

Anyway I thought it is common knowledge that shorter 7.62x39 has significantly higher bullet drop than lighter and longer 5.56x45.

Still have to give cudos to MaxRain for trying hard to make AKM looks like shit. Maybe it's because he wants them all for himself :-D.

• Like 1

That wouldn't be too far off the mark to be honest.

h60hEIk.png

ak101 apologist got slam dunked

BlakeGriffinDunksOverACarWins2011SpriteS

Seemed like Max did make his point, even if his social skills are a bit lacking.

On another note, what's the deal with the numbers in the upper right hand corner of the screen when I'm holding my weapon, what do they mean?[200 AKM] I get different numbers at different times. Weird.

I guess the dick measuring contest is over?