Sign in to follow this  
Rats In Your Milk

Can you feel the sarcasm?(I laughed a little)

""You can craft a leather sack," the patch notes proudly declare. You can also make a mosin wrap from a burlap sack. You can now put grass in burlap sacks. Sack enthusiasts have no doubt barracked for these changes for many, many months." - PC Gamer

lol, put cars in already =p =]

• Like 2

Take this to "off topic" for Christ sake.

Hey.....simmer down there cowboy, this may not be a suggestion, asides to the mention of " lol, put cars in already =p =] "

but it IS certainly  ON TOPIC An OFF topic post would be something that has ZERO to do with DayZ

Cars arent need IMO. They will ruin the size of the map, so travel wont mean a thing anymore. You have to plain on where to go and gear up so you can make it. With cars survival goes out the window. Even if you make them rare and hard to maintain. But this is just my two cents.

Cars arent need IMO. They will ruin the size of the map, so travel wont mean a thing anymore. You have to plain on where to go and gear up so you can make it. With cars survival goes out the window. Even if you make them rare and hard to maintain. But this is just my two cents.

When implemented, cars won't ruin it at all.

I don't think you have the same idea of how common cars will/should be. It's going to be a real treat to get one going if the developers hold true to what they've been hinting at.

Losing a car will be heartbreaking as opposed to "9999+ cars 24/7 DM Fast loot respawn" servers from the mod where you'll find a new one shortly.

I'd love to get a bunch of friends together and have a pre-planned map that you will race down in teams, two people per car and they will have to regas and fix repairs if needed.  Have a DayZ endurance rally around the map with checkpoints in major cities so you will have to drive through zombie territory etc.  Cars will be fucking awesome I have no idea why cars are not a fantastic idea.

I'd love to get a bunch of friends together and have a pre-planned map that you will race down in teams, two people per car and they will have to regas and fix repairs if needed.  Have a DayZ endurance rally around the map with checkpoints in major cities so you will have to drive through zombie territory etc.  Cars will be fucking awesome I have no idea why cars are not a fantastic idea.

Survival would go out the window? You do know that is a basic thing in survival is to gain a form of transportation hence almost every survival apocalypse movie out there has some form of this ... less you'd prefer to walk miles on end all day every day carrying 100 + pounds on your back with worn out soles  

I have a feeling OP is going to be a major burdon to these forums

Survival would go out the window? You do know that is a basic thing in survival is to gain a form of transportation hence almost every survival apocalypse movie out there has some form of this ... less you'd prefer to walk miles on end all day every day carrying 100 + pounds on your back with worn out soles

You are right, they are in every movie out there, well except The Road and A Boy and His Dog that I can think of. No survival would not go out the window. I do love the running from place to place in this game. It’s quiet and gives you a sense of the population having been drastically reduced, plus it ramps up the excitement of running into players.  I just see cars and a group of people controlling the entire map and it making it impossible to play as a nomad and force you to have top military gear just to be able to keep up. Not everyone wants a machine gun :P . My gripe comes from a pre conceived notion of fear that the game will be ruined is all. I do see the positive side of vehicles, fixing them up, trying to protect them, and being able to transport a ton of stuff. But I’m sure once they are in the game I will say to myself, how did I get along without them :D

You are right, they are in every movie out there, well except The Road and A Boy and His Dog that I can think of. No survival would not go out the window. I do love the running from place to place in this game. It’s quiet and gives you a sense of the population having been drastically reduced, plus it ramps up the excitement of running into players.  I just see cars and a group of people controlling the entire map and it making it impossible to play as a nomad and force you to have top military gear just to be able to keep up. Not everyone wants a machine gun :P . My gripe comes from a pre conceived notion of fear that the game will be ruined is all. I do see the positive side of vehicles, fixing them up, trying to protect them, and being able to transport a ton of stuff. But I’m sure once they are in the game I will say to myself, how did I get along without them :D

True in most cases running from town to town is more exciting and in many cases more advised so your not detected from other players while looting but being how they will make fully working cars a rarity it shouldn't ruin the game completely. Now yes you will have the server group or clan who has a stock pile of vehicles and roam around causing havoc but they can't lock them and you can see them coming from a ways away so either wait till they leave the car or set an ambush and their car is yours. It should make game play a little more interesting in my eyes and I personally hate running from east to west all the time but really thats all I'd ever need my vehicle for is accross the map transport and then its on foot from there.

True in most cases running from town to town is more exciting and in many cases more advised so your not detected from other players while looting but being how they will make fully working cars a rarity it shouldn't ruin the game completely. Now yes you will have the server group or clan who has a stock pile of vehicles and roam around causing havoc but they can't lock them and you can see them coming from a ways away so either wait till they leave the car or set an ambush and their car is yours. It should make game play a little more interesting in my eyes and I personally hate running from east to west all the time but really thats all I'd ever need my vehicle for is accross the map transport and then its on foot from there.

Ya I have been thinking of the ambush situation. Are explosives the only way to get that car to stop, or can a cut down tree force them out to move it? Interesting...

Ya I have been thinking of the ambush situation. Are explosives the only way to get that car to stop, or can a cut down tree force them out to move it? Interesting...

Would be kinda cool to be able to lay down spike strips or something of the sort, or yeah even cutting down a tree if they give some sort of physics to them so they couldn't just be driven through.

I was really happy with the latest patch. I think the game is growing at an acceptable rate. We have passable zombie AI, animals, guns, fires, cooking, craftable items and a lot more. Posting: 'just add cars already' doesn't help in the slightest.

I dont like the idea of cars

I feel untill you had one the game would be reduced to getacarandpartsz. Then after you would travel the map too easily and quickly and no one would venture off road anymore. Plus if you were careful all you would ever have to worry about would be gas. If transportation is that important they should just use horses. You would have to keep them fed and watered and if they broke a leg you would be shit outa luck. Plus if they got spooked they could throw you off resulting in possible injuries. Also you could ride them cross country. If a bandit (or target) had one you could just shoot the horse to stop him from escaping (though then you wouldnt get the horse) they might even break bones when the horse falls.