Sign in to follow this  
angelusmortis26

DayzCommander issue with getting game to work

Ok i have a very interesting issue i followed every step by launching steam as admin launching both arma 2 and OA. Installed Dayzcommander followed by installing Dayz. now in the install update tab right above Dayz mod it shows arma 2 and OA it is telling me to Validate both of them when i click on Arma 2 it will not process the validation but OA will process and when it finishes it says it has to replace 1 file it claims it does but doesnt change in dayzcommander. Also right besides Dayz where normally it says up to date or install it keeps showing reinstall after installing multiple times. And now the real issue is that when i go to launch the game from Dayzcommander it pops up saying. "there was an error launching Arma 2 with Dayz. please check your directories in the settings panel AND be sure you have the mod installed in the install/update panel. Details: the system can not fine the file specified." If someone can please lend a hand this issue is extremely frustrating. If this info helps any i use to run Arma 2 and OA off steam because i owned a non steam version first. I already uninstalled both arma 2 and OA before installing the steam version. 

I recently had the same problem, so I gave up and uninstalled everything. The thing is, I think DayZ Commander don't work anymore. I have read some topics about it. However, most of the say it is out of function. I would just reinstall both games to make sure there it nothign wrong with it and be sure to run as adminstrator. You do it by right-clicking Steam. Sometimes Steam wont be able to make the game work because if you have two users on your computer, it happen that Steam get confused or don't get permission to overwrite scripts to the right user. The next thing when you have done that, you install the DayZ mod. You can find it in Steam's store and it's totally free!

Hope it helped!

I've been having trouble with Dayz Commander telling me that it's having a problem luanching arma 2 with dayz, so far i've tried eveything and it still doesn't seem to want to work. 

bottom line is Steam needs to do some work on this they really F'd up here - meanwhile im using both Commander and Launcher to play on the servers i like, since for no doubt steam reasons they both dont play/see the same servers

Edited by tiadashi