Sign in to follow this  
Zamjin

Raiding some tents in 0.48 stable

here you go folks.... oh and sorry to the ones i was stealing from :D !

• Like 1

A couple of questions if you dont mind me asking:

1. did you stumble across them or were you actively looking for them? 

2. About where did you find that grouping? (just a vague northeast , middle, south, somewhere along the edge, etc will suffice)

so one group of players found 4 tents in 0.48 stable today ... hmm, good work, they are so common ?

Edited by pilgrim

and this is why I don't understand why anyone would put anything in a tent?

Because finding a remote place to build up an own campingsite is part of the game. You never have 100% guarentee that it never ever will be found. The game depends on good luck and bad luck and thats the fun about it. If you want your tent to be safe, then rent an own server, give it the most boring title imaginable, then you play quite alone and you have 99,999% chance that your tent wont be found.

on the contrary, patroulling around and searching for other players campsites (and later cars) is the most fun thing in dayz anyways.

But can anyone tell me if the tents on 0.48 STABLE now really are persistent even throug server restarts?

Right now i only temporarily stash things on servers that restart every 4h

(13:00, 17:00, 21:00, 01:00, 05:00, 09:00 CET).

But i have to collect things up before the restarts, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by BerZerK_SR

so one group of players found 4 tents in 0.48 stable today ... hmm, good work, they are so common ?

No, people dupe like hell and it's too easy to do. Also, the tents are ridiculously easy to spot. Huge blue in a forest. Why can't I cover them with leaves and stuff? Seriously, as a survivor I'd have done that as my 1st thought after setting them up.

Persistance is enabled on servers that have "persinstency enabled" in their names. Just filter for "enabled". Also no hardcore servers with persistency so far.

Edited by Khanarac
  • Like 1

You never have 100% guarentee that it never ever will be found.

.//..

..//..

Also, the tents are ridiculously easy to spot. Huge blue in a forest. Why can't I cover them with leaves and stuff?

..//..

You have about 80% guarantee that your tent WILL be found as soon as anyone bothers to look for it. The forest has changed a lot since the mod, most tree zones you can see through from one side to the other. There are a lot less forested areas.

Put your tent in an isolated barn, maybe?

Unless the tents are well camoed in the future, no sane person will go to the effort of storing good loot in them, but maybe players aren't sane.

(while other players ask on the forums because they can't find 1 tent anywhere, the OP shows 3 tents in a bunch, with spare tents inside the tents. lol)

Edited by pilgrim

People are sane, they are utterly unlike what reading the forum might suggest. You can't put tents in buildings, they will pop out of there.