Sign in to follow this  
Azzerrrr

character not saving

My character since after todays update only saves on certain servers while others do not, it was a third person server and I'm joining only third persons, someone please explain to me how?

I've found that certain servers seem to be running private hives or old versions, while not necessarily ACTUAL private hives, they still do not recognize data from the overall public hive servers. There is no fix, and you are probably better off finding a server you prefer and sticking to it. I especially think that's a good idea because Persistence and 'base' building (Tents) will be around soon and confined to that specific server you place it on. You could ask a dev or someone more knowledgeable in server networking than me if you want a more technical response.

I've found that certain servers seem to be running private hives or old versions, while not necessarily ACTUAL private hives, they still do not recognize data from the overall public hive servers. There is no fix, and you are probably better off finding a server you prefer and sticking to it. I especially think that's a good idea because Persistence and 'base' building (Tents) will be around soon and confined to that specific server you place it on. You could ask a dev or someone more knowledgeable in server networking than me if you want a more technical response.

even if I did pick a server would loot still respawn?

even if I did pick a server would loot still respawn?

Not sure what you mean by that? Loot respawn I believe has been enabled, at least from what I've seen. All servers have this. 

Same here, came back from holiday today, new char, well deal with it. Played a little on gamingdeluxe sever, went to gab some food came back, joined another gaming deluxe server, new char. Tried few times and even after joining exactly same server my char won't save.

Edited by General Zod

Same here,

When I spawn on most servers I have no gear at all. I have to server hop until my character appears with all his gear.

But I'm not sure if these handful of servers have persistence turned on. The reason I think this is the case is because every time I have logged onto a server with persistence turned on (it's in the server description) I spawn without any gear (A Bambi).

I guess this might mean I'll have to scrap all my loot to play on servers with persistence turned on.

Crap.

Edited by Schweinsteiger