Corn (DayZ)

Possible City Idea

Hello,

My idea for a city in Chernarus is something reminiscent of Stalingrad, specifically from the film "Enemy at the Gates"

its not so much the layout of the city but the aesthetic i am more interested in. bombed out buildings, remnants of facades of large buildings, trenches, fox holes/impact craters

large structures such as clock towers etc.

basically create a city environment that is more dangerous for someone to enter than Electro, cherno or Berezino but also have an environment which will be very intense and unpredictable to fight/scavenge in.

i am aware some of you might think by adding in certain structures "clock towers, etc" people might be prone to 'camping' in said structures and just sitting there sniping people as they run from building to building etc, to me i think it will add to the intensity of the environment and the situation it will also provide a sort of challenge to people, locating and killing said sniper and bringing security or further terror to scavengers below depending on the character of the survivor.

below i will link some images of already existing structures in DayZ that i think provide a decent blueprint of some of the buildings that would fit well with my idea.

i am interested in hearing what people think about this idea.

Thank you.

http://imgur.com/a/lKoU4#34

Well, first off, I agree with what you have stated. Love the movie "Enemy at the Gates" even if try did mess some things up. The cities just don't feel apocalyptic. They just feel..... abandoned.

Secondly, welcome to the forums! Don't forget, you're here forever!

Quick tip though, when posting an idea, try to post it around noon, EST. The timing of this post means most of the Europeans and little kiddies in America are asleep. It may not get the recognition it deserves.

Have fun, don't get banned, enjoy your stay!

Edited by AnyoneInCherno?

Can we add a river to this city of yours?

With craftable cement shoes?

Then yes, I'm all for it.

Well, first off, I agree with what you have stated. Love the movie "Enemy at the Gates" even if try did mess some things up. The cities just don't feel apocalyptic. They just feel..... abandoned.

Secondly, welcome to the forums! Don't forget, you're here forever!

Quick tip though, when posting an idea, try to post it around noon, EST. The timing of this post means most of the Europeans and little kiddies in America are asleep. It may not get the recognition it deserves.

Have fun, don't get banned, enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the kind words,

I disagree with you in the sense that you feel "abandoned" buildings do not feel apocalyptic, if anything they are a bi-product of the apocalypse. and it only makes sense in my mind that large population centers such as cities would be the first places to be abandoned, with the virus spreading survivors would swap the urban environments for the relative safety of the forests of chernarus etc.

And a possible back story that i like to entertain and would plausibly tie up the reasoning for having such a city in DayZ in my eyes would be that with the prevalence of UN and NATO equipment such M4s, balistic helmets etc we can assume that at some point UN/NATO forces where sent to Chernarus in order to help the charnarussian government combat or eradicate the zombie infestation.

with that in mind you could base your own ideas as to why the city is in the way it is..

UN/NATO forces bombard the city to contain the zombie infection?

who knows..