Sign in to follow this  
fingerbblast

Am I going about the Hero, "Friendly" thing wrong? Or did I just run into dicks? You decide...

there's always that risk when you run up to group of guys or any geared player offering gifts, would say most players will attack you (from them not wanting to risk it, or they're KOS/bandits) but it's rewarding when you're able to actually help/make friends, you just gotta figure out the best way to go about it.

Edited by Reg Park

You are WAY too twitchy, I would have shot you as well or force-fed you some ritalin.

Well i didnt wanna stand still and give them an easier shot. If you notice they keep raising their weapons when i stop and keep trying to get an easy headshot. 

Hidden text.

I know what you mean. I wanted nothing more than to go back and kill those fucks, but i could never get a weapon quick enough and the server eventually restarted. What gets me is I plainly told them i would give them alot of my gear....

Edited by Inception.

I never kill people unless they give me a good reason to.

If they're mumbling, being twitchy, and not following directions that I gave in a clear and concise voice, for example, that's enough red flags to mean death.

It's harsh, but if you listen to me, you'll not only live, but you'll get some free stuff and protection from hostiles, as well as medical treatment if needed.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Well i didnt wanna stand still and give them an easier shot. If you notice they keep raising their weapons when i stop and keep trying to get an easy headshot.

So you don't trust these people and you don't want 'm to shoot you ... Yet you were on the verge of giving them more ammo?

Your stratagem eludes me!

I never kill people unless they give me a good reason to.

If they're mumbling, being twitchy, and not following directions that I gave in a clear and concise voice, for example, that's enough red flags to mean death.

It's harsh, but if you listen to me, you'll not only live, but you'll get some free stuff and protection from hostiles, as well as medical treatment if needed.

It goes both ways though. Both parties have to agree to listen to eachother. Not one submit to you.

So you don't trust these people and you don't want 'm to shoot you ... Yet you were on the verge of giving them more ammo?

Your stratagem eludes me!

We didnt even get to the point of being able to trust eachother! They wouldnt stop shooting and charging me with weapons drawn while i was unarmed with my weapon on my back. 

It goes both ways though. Both parties have to agree to listen to eachother. Not one submit to you.

All will submit to Kane and the Brotherhood of Nod.

Peace through power.

Edited by Geckofrog7

my motto is when they have more bag on their head than between their legs, shoot 'em..

edit : PS. you really don't want to be running round the coast handing out high end mill gear, tins of food / bandages etc etc yes sure, also say nothing about good gear until you ascertain if you're dealing with dicks or not - if you can stay alive long enough to find out.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

You're going about it wrong in so many ways.

There are only 3 ways for contact to happen

1. Equal footing. Both players/groups are on equal ground (no advantage in numbers, position, or firepower). They recognize equality and begin speaking.

2. You have advantage. Their guns go away or they die. Once their gun is away you relocate to a position which favors you and you can begin talking.

3. Other player has advantage. Your choice is to try to run, try to fight, or trust them and put away your weapon and try to talk.

You were not in control of the situation and that's why you got shot. Actions speak louder than words. Saying "friendly" means nothing. You cannot approach a group of players as a solo and ASK them if they are friendly. Their words don't mean shit and you are at a disadvantage so if even 1 of them decides to shoot you, you're toast.

Furthermore, you're going to the wrong place to find friendlies. And you're looking to the wrong people. Why you gonna ask already geared players if they want more gear? Besides, they have a group with guns. They can get gear themselves.

And you're dressed wrong. Helmets are almost as untrustworthy as payday masks. Camo gear is milsim and helmets are PvP utility. Try a baseball cap and a wool coat. No mask no glasses. Anything that covers your face increases odds of you being shot on sight.

• Like 2

You're going about it wrong in so many ways.

There are only 3 ways for contact to happen

1. Equal footing. Both players/groups are on equal ground (no advantage in numbers, position, or firepower). They recognize equality and begin speaking.

2. You have advantage. Their guns go away or they die. Once their gun is away you relocate to a position which favors you and you can begin talking.

3. Other player has advantage. Your choice is to try to run, try to fight, or trust them and put away your weapon and try to talk.

You were not in control of the situation and that's why you got shot. Actions speak louder than words. Saying "friendly" means nothing. You cannot approach a group of players as a solo and ASK them if they are friendly. Their words don't mean shit and you are at a disadvantage so if even 1 of them decides to shoot you, you're toast.

Furthermore, you're going to the wrong place to find friendlies. And you're looking to the wrong people. Why you gonna ask already geared players if they want more gear? Besides, they have a group with guns. They can get gear themselves.

And you're dressed wrong. Helmets are almost as untrustworthy as payday masks. Camo gear is milsim and helmets are PvP utility. Try a baseball cap and a wool coat. No mask no glasses. Anything that covers your face increases odds of you being shot on sight.

Very good info hear. Thanks. This should be made as a sticky post.

• Like 1