spensah

Will we eventually get different reloading 'tiers'?

But why completely ignore my suggestion about jackets and pants having items easily accessible?

I know how backpack worked in DayZ mod or in reality.

Because I'm talking about the backpack and how it should work in dayz since you mentioned it and I wanted to talk about that :)

Why would you need to go through backpack, if you have bullets in pants or hoodie?

They are unrelated topics. I was commented that backpack access would be cool if your character actually accessed his backpack, and that I dislike the ability to easily load ammunition under the system currently in place.

They are unrelated topics. I was commented that backpack access would be cool if your character actually accessed his backpack, and that I dislike the ability to easily load ammunition under the system currently in place.

It's actually kinda related since implementing what I've suggested would make it easier to stop access to backpacks while moving.

I mean a lot of folks would cry if they had to reload only from inventory.

It's actually kinda related since implementing what I've suggested would make it easier to stop access to backpacks while moving.

I mean a lot of folks would cry if they had to reload only from inventory.

Unrelated as in I was addressing two different issues with the original post, now buried under misunderstandings.

Edited by Applejaxc

Unrelated as in I was addressing two different issues with the original post, now buried under misunderstandings.

Sure, it's not like I've suggested both different way of reloading and how to pave way for not using backpack on the move.

Yup, totally unrelated for shure.

Sure, it's not like I've suggested both different way of reloading and how to pave way for not using backpack on the move.

Yup, totally unrelated for shure.

Unrelated as in the two things that I discussed within my own post were supposed to be read in individuality, not in total. I'm not even talking about whatever the hell suggestions you've made.

Nobody can give a clear, reasonable or good argument for not being able to reload loose rounds from your jacket or pants using a key. As long as the times reflect reality then do it, don't make me go into an unrealistic inventory system just to satisfy some peoples perception that for some inexplicable reason, loading one bullet should be 10 times as many steps as loading 10 bullets :rolleyes:

Anyone want to try and shoot me back an actual argument?

Yeah I didn't think one would be forthcoming...

Anyone talking about realism better be playing hardcore only...

But seriously, what's the big problem here? It's a video game, not a zombie apocalypse simulator. I find balance more important than realism. 

Anyone talking about realism better be playing hardcore only...

But seriously, what's the big problem here? It's a video game, not a zombie apocalypse simulator. I find balance more important than realism. 

If everyone has to do it, why would it be a balance issue? Also, I think it's a video game that is (and wants to be) a zombie apocalypse simulator in a lot of ways. Not sure there's much of a distinction there.

If everyone has to do it, why would it be a balance issue? Also, I think it's a video game that is (and wants to be) a zombie apocalypse simulator in a lot of ways. Not sure there's much of a distinction there.

Not balance between players, balance between realism and fun. Making every action hyper-realistic might sound fun on paper, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Otherwise you might as well include weapon manuals that you need to find and read before you can use a weapon properly, because no way in hell is it realistic that every character knows how to operate any gun like they've been doing it for years. 

At most I would say that location of magazines should affect reload time. A magazine kept in your tac vest should be quicker to load than one at the bottom of your bag, but to force people to sit down and rummage through their backpacks every time they need something? No thank you.

Unrelated as in the two things that I discussed within my own post were supposed to be read in individuality, not in total. I'm not even talking about whatever the hell suggestions you've made.

Ah ok, been nice talking to you.

Whenever a player goes into his backpack, he should kneel and take the pack off his shoulder and open it. In you're inventory screen, the backpack should remain closed and unviewable with a button "Open Pack". When you click this, it starts the animation of you kneeling and taking off your back pack.

This would be great.

I would also love it for the vicinity action was removed and instead replaced by a toggle action where you go into an animation looking down on the ground and then items come up in the vicinity screen.

• Like 1

Also calm vs shaky hands. If you're under a lot of stress there's a chance you'll drop the mag/round.

Depends how much drill you've done and how each person handles stress so sorry there is no way that this could be replicated into the game with any kind of reality at least I don't believe so.

The more you drill the more it becomes muscle memory, the more you drill under pressure and stress the surer and smoother those drills become.