Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

I have ghosting terrain when I set rendering reso to 100%

Hey guys, hope you can help.

I have my UI resolution set to 1920x1080 the native resolution of my screen.

However, when I change my rendering resolution to 1920x1080(100%) I get ghosting terrain. It goes away at the next lowest rendering reso (88%). Is it important to have this at 100%? Am I losing graphic quality. I'm not getting any blurriness at the 88%. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Set it to 200%, if you have a decent card you won't notice much difference in render speed.

Also a screenshot and hardware information would help to pinpoint your problem, it could be a driver problem.

Set it to 200%, if you have a decent card you won't notice much difference in render speed.

Also a screenshot and hardware information would help to pinpoint your problem, it could be a driver problem.

Thanks Mark. I will try 200% and see if that works. If not I will give further info on hardware.

Mark, it worked however my FPS went down 10-15. A little more tweaking is necessary I guess. Getting around 25 FPS in medium town.

Specs:

Processor AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

GPU              Geforce GTX750    driver 340.52 2GB VRam

Memory 8 GB

Windows 7 Home Premium
Edited by RAM-bo4250

u can try to lower "sceneComplexity=150000" in your DayZProfile.

U will notice more fps at cost of some trees and other objects who are far away.

I have it on 15000 wich looks not so nice but i have a good fps.

Edited by TheChris

u can try to lower "sceneComplexity=150000" in your DayZProfile.

U will notice more fps at cost of some trees and other objects who are far away.

I have it on 15000 wich looks not so nice but i have a good fps.

yea the reason he has those problem I think is because of lacking VRAM or render speed.

yea the reason he has those problem I think is because of lacking VRAM or render speed.

Isn't GTX750 w/2gb a decent card?

• Like 1

Depends wich one u did buy.

But higer resolution means also your GPU it self need more Power.

Edited by TheChris
  • Like 1

I am not to familiar with nvidea's gtx series. I myself have an saphire (radeon) R9 290   4G vram.

But I have seen more people with your problem and it was either the video card could not process all the render data, even despite having enough vram (2gig should be enough as DayZ cannot use more at the moment) or the card did not get enough power from the psu.