Sign in to follow this  
Airfield

Couple camping ideas

So they just added the camping tent, which is a beautiful addition that in its simplicity will change the course of DayZ Standalone in so many ways. I have been fully experiencing the feel of the wilderness, as me and my friends have 3 tents in the woods and are hunting, fishing, and frying worms! But we noticed a few things that would bring a more homelike feel to campsites:

Sleeping Bags:

Placed inside a tent, allows the player to lay inside and slowly regenerate health, but in the process lose thirst and hunger. Stays in real time and does not effect the day and night cycle.

Bird Nests:

Ability to find fallen bird nests that contain eggs, which can either be scrambled or eaten raw. If eaten raw, they give more protein, but put you at risk of possible sickness.

Simple Traps:

1.) Foot Snare- When stepped on, it makes the player fall with a 50% chance of leg breakage. The player must struggle out which should take 8-10 minutes.

2.) Animal Snare- Used to possibly trap small or large game, depending on the size.

Seasoning:

Assorted herbs and nuts that can be chopped up and used to add flavor to worms, eggs, and assorted meats. Can also chop leaves and add them to the meats to make a meal.

I know these ideas are not really needed at the moment, they would still be cool to have later in the future. Also, what time on 8/12/2014 will they patch the tents from dissappearing on restart?

• Like 3

I like the ideas a lot, I have another one of my own id like to add.

Have the ability to cut leaves and sticks off of bushes/trees to attach to tent, to camouflage it better. Also have the ability to use the brush to make a temporary lean-to? Would make it so a tent wouldn't be necessary to camp, you could make your own shelter.

Again, I really like your ideas, hope they get implemented at some point.

• Like 2

I like the ideas a lot, I have another one of my own id like to add.

Have the ability to cut leaves and sticks off of bushes/trees to attach to tent, to camouflage it better. Also have the ability to use the brush to make a temporary lean-to? Would make it so a tent wouldn't be necessary to camp, you could make your own shelter.

Again, I really like your ideas, hope they get implemented at some point.

I like the idea of camo-ing the tent. Its an awesome idea.

So they just added the camping tent, which is a beautiful addition that in its simplicity will change the course of DayZ Standalone in so many ways. I have been fully experiencing the feel of the wilderness, as me and my friends have 3 tents in the woods and are hunting, fishing, and frying worms! But we noticed a few things that would bring a more homelike feel to campsites:

Sleeping Bags:

Placed inside a tent, allows the player to lay inside and slowly regenerate health, but in the process lose thirst and hunger. Stays in real time and does not effect the day and night cycle.

Bird Nests:

Ability to find fallen bird nests that contain eggs, which can either be scrambled or eaten raw. If eaten raw, they give more protein, but put you at risk of possible sickness.

Simple Traps:

1.) Foot Snare- When stepped on, it makes the player fall with a 50% chance of leg breakage. The player must struggle out which should take 8-10 minutes.

2.) Animal Snare- Used to possibly trap small or large game, depending on the size.

Seasoning:

Assorted herbs and nuts that can be chopped up and used to add flavor to worms, eggs, and assorted meats. Can also chop leaves and add them to the meats to make a meal.

I know these ideas are not really needed at the moment, they would still be cool to have later in the future. Also, what time on 8/12/2014 will they patch the tents from dissappearing on restart?

Where was it announced that 8/12 would bring the hotfix?! Is this real life?!!?

I think trapping animals would be a great addition, and i'm sure we will see something like this in the future.

The tents won't affect this game as much. They are too visible, you won't be able to hide it properly. Will be found after 3 days max.

Concerning traps: Ive seen leaked images of rabittraps. Its just some wires and wood, but maybe works against players too.

Edited by Khanarac

The tents won't affect this game as much. They are too visible, you won't be able to hide it properly. Will be found after 3 days max.

Concerning traps: Ive seen leaked images of rabittraps. Its just some wires and wood, but maybe works against players too.

I think later on with the ability to camo your tents, it will greatly help. If you have tents in a remote location and are willing to carry loot back and forth, then you could fair well. So I dont agree with your 3 day thing.

What ability to camo them? Where has this ever been stated? And if so, why bother with civilian tents in the first place, mighve just given us a military one.

Also, have you ever played the mod? I mean the real mod or something similar, no disneyland epoch :D. People activly look for tents, and back in the mod theyve been small and camo, now they are huge and blue. Our best located tent on DayZero lasted 2 weeks.