stielhandgranate

Are tents working yet?

if talking about stable they still not working, as for exp i have no clue. On stable they spawn and you can place and put gear in but they do not save when the server ree sets.

well i just placed one yesterday and today its gone, i checked all the servers i play at and nothing. i came back to play for because of it, it seems will have to take another break.

Patch notes:

Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch

If we're lucky, it'll show up this Wednesday.

• Like 1

The hotfix to enable persis tents is scheduled for wednesday 13th, along with a stop-gap bodge-fix for melee hit detection and (hopefully) a fix for that fucking LMB-be-gone glitch.

I still cannot find one on hardcore. I found one in after searching ~20 deer shacks in regular but have searched well over 100 in HC w/ no luck.

I still cannot find one on hardcore. I found one in after searching ~20 deer shacks in regular but have searched well over 100 in HC w/ no luck.

I've found ca. 25 so far. Keep trying.

I don't know the specs yet, but if you respawn does your tent go away?

With item persistence working as intended, no, it should not.

This however is still an alpha, so there's a chance it might.

Edited by sloasdaylight

With item persistence working as intended, no, it should not.

This however is still an alpha, so there's a chance it might.

Hmm, not sure I like that on a big picture level.  Selfishly I love it. but to logic it out:

Players spawn, gear up, get tent, pack tent with ammo, mosins, etc.

Cheaters spawn, dupe their friends gear, pack tent with everything.

After 1 week smart players go to most remote areas along the fringes of the map, or the mountains, etc., and spend time hunting for camping tents.

All the action moves from the towns to the rural areas.  Why risk NE or NW AFB, Novo town hall, etc., when you can find everything you need in one tent along the border of the map?

Hello,

I've searched in about 25 servers to a tent in the barns of Novy Sobor, didnt found one..

Do they even spawn here? or isnt this the right place to search?

Do you guys know better places were i can find a tent?

Thanks for answering,

Der Mok

Hmm, not sure I like that on a big picture level.  Selfishly I love it. but to logic it out:

After 1 week smart players go to most remote areas along the fringes of the map, or the mountains, etc., and spend time hunting for camping tents.

All the action moves from the towns to the rural areas.  Why risk NE or NW AFB, Novo town hall, etc., when you can find everything you need in one tent along the border of the map?

Smart players won't put all their best stuff in a single tent, or in an obvious place like the edge of the map.

Idiots might, though, so you could still get lucky searching there.

Welcome to 2 years ago.

Are they patching tents tomorrow so they dont dissappear on restart?

the way the terrain is now there is some nice places to pitch a tent, since we dont have air transport. search for one at the moment would take a big effort 

Are they patching tents tomorrow so they dont dissappear on restart?

please God where is this rumor coming from? I wanna see it with my two eyeeesss

That's Exp. But since that's on hold I doubt we will see the fix on Stable we so desperately need...

please God where is this rumor coming from? I wanna see it with my two eyeeesss

It's on twitter..Said hot fix this week as of last week. Either way we never know till it's up...

All I know is they need a hot fix for the basic stuff like melee and such. The loot and tents can wait..

Edited by RyBo

Can anyone definitively say whether other containers besides tents (such as backpacks) can be used the same way as tents to store loot indefinitely?  Might be a safer way for the less greedy to store away a stash of gear (easier to hide).