Sign in to follow this  
Azzerrrr

Vehicles.

Okay okay okay hold up, hold up! Did it occur to nobody else but me that the devs are working on physics for a bike right? But wouldn't it be so much less of a headache to have a small 50cc moped/scooter for your first in-game vehicle? It's a simple performance of finding a ignition key, grabbing some gas (bear in mind these things don't go very far, they will run on a full tank for about 6,7 miles depending on the moped), so that's where gas stations become handy. I'm just saying devs, why work on something that is going to cause headaches and migraines when you can just create a much simple design and that will give the community something to use while you guys work on the bicycles. This seems sensible to me, however yes I am aware that we are in Chernarus not in the more Westernised countries so something like this:

736-2588-full-kymco-super-8-4t1-38.jpg

is a little silly...

however something like this:

479499889_370.jpg

is much more appropriate.

Let me know what you guys think :).

and no, it isn't a suggestion so don't go whining to me that it's in the wrong thread, it's a discussion between you, I and the DayZ community.

Edited by Azzerrrr
  • Like 1

Baby steps.  Rather than just working on the vehicle (bike) they now have to add in a means of fixing and fueling the vehicle as well.  This way they get the basic physics for vehicles done more quickly, then they can work on the repair aspect.  When that's done they can add in the refueling aspect.  After that they'll add a car and it's physics, so on and so on till we finally get helicopters.

• Like 1

Baby steps.  Rather than just working on the vehicle (bike) they now have to add in a means of fixing and fueling the vehicle as well.  This way they get the basic physics for vehicles done more quickly, then they can work on the repair aspect.  When that's done they can add in the refueling aspect.  After that they'll add a car and it's physics, so on and so on till we finally get helicopters.

I agree, did you move by topic over to suggestions by the way? It wasn't a suggestion xD, I'm not suggesting we add mopeds etc, it was just a community discussion before then making a decision then I'd make a suggestion on a moped depending on the feedback haha, and it's growing to me now that not many people really want helicopters, I for one do want helicopters but people seem to think it's more well, military based than civilian, let me know what you think.

I agree, did you move by topic over to suggestions by the way? It wasn't a suggestion xD, I'm not suggesting we add mopeds etc, it was just a community discussion before then making a decision then I'd make a suggestion on a moped depending on the feedback haha, and it's growing to me now that not many people really want helicopters, I for one do want helicopters but people seem to think it's more well, military based than civilian, let me know what you think.

Apologies my friend, an admin did it not you haha.

Isn't that what they're doing though?

The moped thing? No

Yeah, I got no power over that, though in a way it's still something of a suggestion, and most of the time a suggestion on here turns into a discussion.  From my understanding vehicles will be much harder to repair than they were in the mod (I mean tracking down spark plugs, harder).  An unpowered bicycle will be the simplest thing they can add to get the foothold on vehicles, you'll have the frame (vehicle itself), and tires, possibly addons as well (baskets, sadlebags, headlamp) but that can be added on another patch.  After they get the bike working (more or less) smoothly they'll add mopeds, scooters, motorcycles ect to get the more complex repairs and fuel mechanics in.  Then they'll work on 4 wheeled vehicles and their physics/mechanics (part damage and the like) and so on.

Could've sworn I heard somehwere that scooters or ATV's were going to be the first vehicles.

Edited by Survivor_Ted

Please add bicycles before cars. It's not as much work as when making other vehicles, and it would be amazing cuz now it's run simulator. Imagine that you run a long way in dayz, and finally you have spotted a bike standing by the fence or one of the houses in dayz

CX-bike-on-stone-fence.jpg

And you can get on him and ride, travel further or with your friend sitting in the back ;D Please don't forget to add this.

Parking_bike.jpg

We need one of these, its flimsy, but can test the mechanics of passengers,storage and repairs. Plus they are a common sight in Eastern Europe and South West Asia.

tumblr_mr0n92NsmU1qf5zsgo1_1280.jpg

• Like 3

Just give us something other than our feet please that's all I want and everyone else that I talk to. We need a car, the mod had cars and more why aren't they working on something we need instead of adding in new towns and a lame crossbow, lol if they added cars so many people would play this game even in the alpha stage. By the time they do add vehicles and release this game they will have lost all their players to the game H1Z1. I hope someone important reads this and can light a fire under someone and get us something to drive :)

Jesus f*&^ing christ, comments like that ^ are really starting to wear me down... trust me no one of influence will read your comment and even if they did they wouldn't take anything of value from it. Nice first post *cough* troll...

• Like 1

For gods sake they are working on vehicles. You need to give them time. Quit rushing them and be patient. Ugh. 

• Like 1

For gods sake they are working on vehicles. You need to give them time. Quit rushing them and be patient. Ugh.

This is just a suggestion, not a complaint.
  • Like 1

(bear in mind these things don't go very far, they will run on a full tank for about 6,7 miles depending on the moped), so that's where gas stations become handy.

I owned some mopeds when I was younger, and 7 miles is... well... hilarious. Around 40-60km is a normal range... or rather, a minimum.

Edited by James Hawke

I owned some mopeds when I was younger, and 7 miles is... well... hilarious. Around 40-60km is a normal range... or rather, a minimum.

My friend owns one currently. He said his goes 7 miles, bear in mind it's modded. Strange! Closest I own to a ped is a YZ85 dirt bike. That thing will go a few miles no problem. Love the thing to bits. Nippy bike though.

My friend owns one currently. He said his goes 7 miles, bear in mind it's modded. Strange! Closest I own to a ped is a YZ85 dirt bike. That thing will go a few miles no problem. Love the thing to bits. Nippy bike though.

Well, an average gas tank of a moped holds, I guess 3-5 litres of gasoline. Considering it's a 50cc engine in there it doesn't exactly need much. Many cars can easily go 100km with 6 litres of fuel.

If I had a moped that goes 7 miles with a full tank, I'd trash that thing and get a new one. Hell, I wouldn't even make it to the edge of town with that range :D

My brother had a more modern 50cc scooter, and I used it often enough to drive to my friend, who lived about 10km away from me. I made that trip there and back four times before I had to consider refueling.

Edited by James Hawke

Well, an average gas tank of a moped holds, I guess 3-5 litres of gasoline. Considering it's a 50cc engine in there it doesn't exactly need much. Many cars can easily go 100km with 6 litres of fuel.

If I had a moped that goes 7 miles with a full tank, I'd trash that thing and get a new one. Hell, I wouldn't even make it to the edge of town with that range :D

My brother had a more modern 50cc scooter, and I used it often enough to drive to my friend, who lived about 10km away from me. I made that trip there and back four times before I had to consider refueling.

xD so he has a shitty ped then xD

This is just a suggestion, not a complaint.

Well can't suggest something that is already being worked on. 

Ummm.. The mopeds we have in finland can ride over 100 kilometers with one tank. And it doesn't even have to be the newest kind

Jesus f*&^ing christ, comments like that ^ are really starting to wear me down... trust me no one of influence will read your comment and even if they did they wouldn't take anything of value from it. Nice first post *cough* troll...

My first post? maybe this year, lol and it don't matter how many posts I post here, just because u are a forum spamming troll with stupid stories don't accuse others who bought the game and have a right to post here without having a little kid tell them who will visit these forums and what they will do and think... who the f*** are you? GOD? I posted here because this is where we can post our thoughts I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, that's why it's MY opinion.

Just give us something other than our feet please that's all I want and everyone else that I talk to. We need a car, the mod had cars and more why aren't they working on something we need instead of adding in new towns and a lame crossbow, lol if they added cars so many people would play this game even in the alpha stage. By the time they do add vehicles and release this game they will have lost all their players to the game H1Z1. I hope someone important reads this and can light a fire under someone and get us something to drive :)

Well, you chose to make a post filled with some of the most common, most uninformed and least helpful sentiment on these forums... I know it's not nice to go throwing around accusations (trolling), especially at someone who (it appears) is new to the forum, so I apologise. I don't know you're motivation for making that post, and they may be your genuine views...  I could go on to try and clarify them, but I think I've wasted enough of everyone's time...

• Like 1

Well can't suggest something that is already being worked on.

He is suggesting a direction he wants vehicles to go.

This suggestion has depth, by suggesting a type of vehicle.

If it has not been confirmed or denied I see no problem with his suggestion.

A nice moped hasn't been mentioned by the devs as of yet.