Sign in to follow this  
dominykaskinderis

it's just ducking funny

so i was doing normal stuff in dayz (looting...) and i came across a military base near Cherno and i finaly find a AKM whitch i was looking for for a long time, i had a scope, grip, back ( most attachments) and so i leave the base to make sure i dont get shot as i'm jumping around getting happy that i got a AKM. (4 people in the server!!!!!!!) so i walk and i had the 75 round mag on it and accidently press middle mouse button and it reloads into a 30 round mag and so my guy droped the 75 round mag cuz i had no inventory space so i look around for it on the grass and around a car and so i stop to look at my inventory suddenly BAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!! a head a mosin 9130 and "You Are Dead" .  >:( . the worst thing is that he was max 20-40 metres away from me and for some stupid reason i didn't hear him. so he killed me in 1 shot and came up right next to me and shot me again with the same mosin to make sure i was dead (what i heard)

• Like 1

Ever since I got a 75 rounds mag, I made sure I would always have 4 open slots on my character, I hate when you try to open a door and accidentaly switch the mag... Last time that happened, there was a guy in the police station that heard me reloading, but thankfully I survived, mosin in close quarters is just horrible.

Middle mouse button to reload needs to go, The pain in the arse that is reloading when trying to stealthily open a door far outways the slight convenience of being able to quickly change to a different type of mag, 

Rocket has said that they intend to look at getting rid of the scroll system entirely, that'll be a good day i reckon.

• Like 1

Middle mouse button to reload needs to go, The pain in the arse that is reloading when trying to stealthily open a door far outways the slight convenience of being able to quickly change to a different type of mag, 

Rocket has said that they intend to look at getting rid of the scroll system entirely, that'll be a good day i reckon.

I was surprised that made it into the standalone game. I have always hated the scroll menu and have died quite a few times due to having it open when combat starts and I end up drawing my pistol in a slow animation as my opponent laughs about pawning some noob. 

• Like 1

I was surprised that made it into the standalone game. I have always hated the scroll menu and have died quite a few times due to having it open when combat starts and I end up drawing my pistol in a slow animation as my opponent laughs about pawning some noob. 

Yeah,I can understand Bohemia wanting to keep the system for a game like Arma (though i'm sure they could come up with something better)

But for a relatively simple game like dayz? no need at all.

Ever since I got a 75 rounds mag, I made sure I would always have 4 open slots on my character, I hate when you try to open a door and accidentaly switch the mag... Last time that happened, there was a guy in the police station that heard me reloading, but thankfully I survived, mosin in close quarters is just horrible.

I recommend never carrying more than one mag size per gun.

Safety is the best practice :) 

I've lost three 75 round drums already thanks to the damn scroll wheel. The real issue is actually that the drum disappears when it's dropped. I could learn to deal with accidentally reloading, but at least allow me to pick the thing back up when I drop it.

• Like 1