Sign in to follow this  
Dv6T

What setting for building loading?

WHat setting can I adjust to make buildings load properly without having to be zoomed in on them or very close to them? Sometimes even zooming in stuff doesn't load from far away. I've messed with a lot of settings for performance. WHich one to make stuff load better if there is one?

Dunno, I play on Very High settings and still get massive pop-in on things like houses and trees... from normally reasonable distances.

I don't think it can be fixed, just DayZ doesn't have very good LOD textures or transitions.

Edited by Katana67

Alright so there are three main factors than can affect objects "popping-up".

1) Object Detail - Found in the in game graphics menu

Object detail affects how many objects are seen on screen at once and how textures are applied at a distance. If you raise this it should lower the amount of objects popping up on screen. However this probably isn't the issue your having, since having low object detail will still allow you to see things far away when zoomed in.

(These next two can be adjusted in your PlayerName.DayZProfile file, which is likely located in your Documents folder)

2) ViewDistance

View distance affects the range at which "fog" appears, which simply lowers the distance at which you can see anything. The lower the number, the closer the fog.

3) preferredObjectViewDistance

Preferred object view distance is the range at which objects can be seen, zoomed in or not. If number 1 or 2 isn't the issue, than chances are this is it. I recommend you keep this at at least 1000, which should allow you to see most things when zoomed in.

Edited by Hikurac