.zaB

craftable Flags

Yesterday i played DayZ and I met a friendly person. Suddenly we got attacked by a third party. So we splitted and tried to fight the enemy. I had a red Backpack and he wore a blue UN helment.

But in combat and with full adrenaline it is hard to look for these things. Noone wants to die, so better shoot first then ask.

So later i thought about this problem that everybody looks similar in DayZ. And there was a thing that came into my mind.

How about craftable Flags.

Like:

wooden Stick + Rags( White ) = White Flag -----> also possible to not get shot as a New spawn.

or 
wooden Stick + Rags ( Yellow Stripes/White) = Flag with Yellow/White stripes

This Flag could be placed between the Shoulder and the Backpack of a character. So the little flag would be near the Head somewhere.

Or it would be also cool if we could just aply rags on our arms

gips2-205x300.jpg

with a diffrent colour of course. Just for identification. Your whole team could dress like that and you could be the "Yellow Stripes Gang". or smth like that :D

Team kills would decrease and it would add more atmosphere into the game

what do you think about this?

Edited by .zaB

We should simply be allowed to tie bandanas/shirts around our upper arms.

We had the word friendly that lasted all of about 3 minutes. It worked for a brief moment to let others know we could be trusted, but the trust has been lost and tarnished by those abusing the "agreement" we all had. We have never had a way to tell others that a town or area belongs to a group, like graffiti on walls or flags flying of certain colors or even with writing on them like clan tags, etc.. 

I believe its time in this game that eventually we have options like this. Its been brought up before, but I think being able to craft a white flag that you could attach to your back in place of a rifle that would stand out drastically to others much like pictured here, would be a great idea:

china_6_445x260_paley.jpg

A flag on the back could then be placed in the hands, to be held during times of interaction with other players. This would let them know that while you hold it, you are defenseless and hopefully therefore can be trusted. This can obviously be abused, but it leaves the abuser at a serious disadvantage without sniper friends at a distance.. and we are always open to that no matter what the scenario. All of us are. At least this gives us a valid option rather than simply being tied up or cuffed so that the player knows we cant do anything to them. 

This could also be used on the edges of towns or outside buildings, camps, player made bases to let others know who you are to some degree. The =UN= clan would have a blue flag, with =UN= on it and things like that would make marking territory quite enjoyable for all I believe. KOS players could try to take land from others and hold their own. Heroes could claim areas as friendly and police them with the knowledge that the flags let players know what to expect in that area. Clans could mark their bases, etc.. We could place the flag in our bag to conceal and then on our backs when we see others or hold it to let them know, we really are trying hard to be seen as friendly. They should all be non persistent unless placed in specific ways like on flag poles in towns, or larger crafted flag poles at player made camps. 

What do you think of the idea of flags in dayz? Crafting a stick with a rag or tshirt to make colored flags and using black or green spray paint to write on them?

Discuss your ideas and input below. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

We had the word friendly that lasted all of about 3 minutes. It worked for a brief moment to let others know we could be trusted, but the trust has been lost and tarnished by those abusing the "agreement" we all had. We have never had a way to tell others that a town or area belongs to a group, like graffiti on walls or flags flying of certain colors or even with writing on them like clan tags, etc.. 

I believe its time in this game that eventually we have options like this. Its been brought up before, but I think being able to craft a white flag that you could attach to your back in place of a rifle that would stand out drastically to others much like pictured here, would be a great idea:

china_6_445x260_paley.jpg

A flag on the back could then be placed in the hands, to be held during times of interaction with other players. This would let them know that while you hold it, you are defenseless and hopefully therefore can be trusted. This can obviously be abused, but it leaves the abuser at a serious disadvantage without sniper friends at a distance.. and we are always open to that no matter what the scenario. All of us are. At least this gives us a valid option rather than simply being tied up or cuffed so that the player knows we cant do anything to them. 

This could also be used on the edges of towns or outside buildings, camps, player made bases to let others know who you are to some degree. The =UN= clan would have a blue flag, with =UN= on it and things like that would make marking territory quite enjoyable for all I believe. KOS players could try to take land from others and hold their own. Heroes could claim areas as friendly and police them with the knowledge that the flags let players know what to expect in that area. Clans could mark their bases, etc.. We could place the flag in our bag to conceal and then on our backs when we see others or hold it to let them know, we really are trying hard to be seen as friendly. They should all be non persistent unless placed in specific ways like on flag poles in towns, or larger crafted flag poles at player made camps. 

What do you think of the idea of flags in dayz? Crafting a stick with a rag or tshirt to make colored flags and using black or green spray paint to write on them?

Discuss your ideas and input below. 

Mergughed.

• Like 1

Then you'll have that one stupid but crafty redneck (me saying this and I grew up in Tennessee.) Will be running around with either all white on screaming he's a part of the "Klan" or has something that kinda resembles a Rebel Flag and they scream the south will rise again. Take that chance? Hell yes flags would be cool to fly near your tent or at certain roads and if you used the survival aspect of the game you could use walkie talkies to relay across distances and flags to mark locations of maybe safe houses and such.