Sign in to follow this  
shamE (DayZ)

picking shotgun shells instead of shotgun model specific ammo

There are different shotguns in DayZ and each one use the same 12 gauge shotgun shell. So instead of having different type of shotgun ammo that match each type of shotgun why not replace them with just slug and pellet shotgun shells that can be used for all the shotguns.

I agree. While I rarely do find shotguns, it would be even rarer to find a certain shotgun model and then that exact model's shell, when more likely than not I would probably find other models of shells.

I know that would piss me off.

Well now you can combine 4 stacks of 2 shot slugs/pellets into a m1014 stack that both it and the 870 with the flashlight uses or break them up into four double stacks. Be handier if the m1014 and 870 could just load two rounds at a time if you've found two ammo for the double barrel like the pdw using glock and mp5 clips.

Since when is shotgun shells gun specific? I own multiple shotguns (80 year old single shot; double barrel; pump) and have been using them for over 45 years. Shotgun ammo is pretty generic. 12 gauge is 12 gauge. I hold judgement on the military guns...I've never held one.

Shotguns should be loaded one shell at a time. If this isn't workable in the ARMA model then at least make shells more generic in some fashion.

Sigh.

All 12 gauge slugs/pellets can be converted into 2 rnd/8rnd slugs/pellets

Why not more conversion options then?