Sign in to follow this  
Shades-

.357?

I remember find the .357 a few patches back.

Where in the hell can I find them now?

I see the ammo all over the place, just not a god damn sign of the gun.

They definitely seem rarer, I used to find them everywhere - once found 6 in a single clear of the novo tower - but the only one Ive seen since was off a guy I killed.

Benefits of the revolver:

- .357 rounds are everywhere

- no magazine required

- breaks legs more often than not

- badass

• Like 5

I tried really hard on finding one on both the hardcore and regular servers and the only way I got one was killing someone who had the gun with him.

Maybe it was just bad luck but i was searching for it for some hours, I think something could be wrong with the spawn of the magnum.

Found a lot around police stations on the south coast yesterday. Maybe they are rarer in the north compare to other types of bullet since the patch to make us try the new guns?

I'm on my way to North on hardcore ; maybe I'll find a difference

I have one currently and I'm pretty sure I got it after the patch. Can't find more ammo though, I'm down to 12 rounds or so.

The place I can most frequently find the Magnum is the single room on the third floor of school buildings.

• Like 1

I have one currently and I'm pretty sure I got it after the patch. Can't find more ammo though, I'm down to 12 rounds or so.

The place I can most frequently find the Magnum is the single room on the third floor of school buildings.

Guess they're still around then. Lots of other things became more rare with the .47 loot system upgrade. And they were sort of common previously. Guess the chances of finding one just dropped sharply.

Oh well, zombies will have to contend with ruining an empty chest holster.

I know exactly where to find them both, often at the same time, but if I tell then they'll just move the spawn. Funny, when I get a .357 I have trouble finding the ammo before I can use it! Personally I like the Longhorn. You can use it like binoculars and snipe with it too!

I know exactly where to find them both, often at the same time, but if I tell then they'll just move the spawn. Funny, when I get a .357 I have trouble finding the ammo before I can use it! Personally I like the Longhorn. You can use it like binoculars and snipe with it too!

Then why bring it up in the first place? want to feel Special?

• Like 1

I've died and re-looted about 5 times, (Don't shoot on sight, if I just say hello!) since the last stable update and I've seen no .357’s anywhere from Electro to Novo and I'm pretty thorough at checking most places. So they must be more rare. I do like them though just for the ease of loading and also giving them away if I'm feeling generous.

Since the last patch I found them only in fire stations and in the buero building with the big storage room at the entrance and the small storage room on the upper floor. They spawn mostly on the upper floor in the storage room behind the door. In fire stations they are often found in the shelves in the tower. On my last run in .47 I found one here and one there.

Thanks for the location areas, guys.

I'll more than likely just be checking the fire stations and schools for now on for them. :)

I still see magnums around. I would only run one if I didn't have an FNX. 15 rounds compared to 6 and hardly any recoil. Ammo for both is plentiful enough.

I have never run across a Longhorn.

Nope, just saying the more we talk about where weapons spawn the more likely they won't spawn in the same numbers and they might stop spawning in a particular place altogether. I am special. :)

Nope, just saying the more we talk about where weapons spawn the more likely they won't spawn in the same numbers and they might stop spawning in a particular place altogether. I am special. :)

Are you just being superstitious or do you really think that the developers change the loot tables as soon as they see that we know where to expect what to spawn? :D

I found some! I found some! In two sessions of about 4 hours of looting I found 21 .357 rounds.

No .45 ACP but I did find several 1911's and two clips.

So yeah, I can safely say it's there but it's rare.

Think I found 'm at a military prison, not sure.

I typically find Magnums in the schools (top level storeroom) and tops of "taco-stands" in town. (little shops along the street with a ladder at the back to get to the roof) Also have seen them in ruined jeeps. (open top vehicle wrecks that often spawn some good loot.)

I remember find the .357 a few patches back. Where in the hell can I find them now? I see the ammo all over the place, just not a god damn sign of the gun.

I found a ruined one? If that counts.

I remember find the .357 a few patches back. Where in the hell can I find them now? I see the ammo all over the place, just not a god damn sign of the gun.

They are making guns rarer.

Magnums can definitely be found in the Tower Hotel in the heart of the new city Novo.