Sign in to follow this  
aymerika97

roaming zombies

here is a scenario that could take place in a future point in development:

" crows ascend to the sky from the north, the forebringer of death have shown themselfes.

As you bring back wood to the camp site you hear a couple of shots in the distance.

You dont pay any attention to them, you are heading south west into the land,what you heard was from everankilometres towards the north. It's getting cold, food is runnibng low, you know it but you're scared, you'l have to move more towards the sea....

568,569,570,hungry,571,572,cold,...

here is the camp that old jerk who think he's the boss will probably send you to check on the shots you heard to the north.

-welcome back, im sorry to ask so much of you but the rest of us are all sick, we cant risk being taken by surprise...

-dont worry about it, i'll go check.

-here is some food and water,... be safe.

after a good amount of walking, without you even realizing it, the sun had set and it is pitch black. You're about to strike a match when you see four lights in the valey underneath. they seem to be moving towards the south.

-good luck brothers.

sudenly,as the moon peaks through the clouds, a hundred shining objects like marbles seem to follow them.

If they keep on heading this direction they'l hit the camp. You cant let them.

You line up your rifle but you're having second thoughts,... the infected, they'l hear it.

1,2,3,4,5,6 ,the sea,7,8,9,10,mary,11,12, jack,13,14,15,peter,16,17,18,19, old guy,20,21,22,23,i'm sorry,24,25,26,i'll...survive..."

As you can see it's a mashup of suggestions that could come together, when zombies arent as brocken as they are now i'd love to see man made hordes roaming the map eventually coming by player made camp sites, we would have to migrate according to food and weather to stay alive. Some kind of aging system would make the player want to survive, making him think before taking actions. Throughout mods or development, we could see bigger maps and a season mechanic wich wouldnt just change the scenery but also the gameplay. Hopefully the ingame communication system would be improved until you can zctually use it

So what do you think?

oh and role playing would still be at the heart of a greaat experience

(btw when i'm counting steps it was a refernce to the peter pan comics)

I'm sorry,i don't quite understand what are you suggesting.

Are you talking about player man hordes or npc survivors?

Seasons were discussed but are not possible,because of the time consuming work on map changes.

(retexturing ground/building,trees to show the snow effect etc).

Edit:Sorry i'm drunk,roaming zombie hordes are planned as a future implementation.So yeah if everything goes according

to plan on the dev's side,we will be seeing huge zombies hordes forming and roaming the map sooner than we expect ;)

Edited by Damnyourdeadman