Sign in to follow this  
despair (DayZ)

Where is your go to spot to find sniper rifles?

I search for loot in the far corners of the map on big servers. You will very likely find several camps during one trip and a majority of thoose camps are packed with loot. Recently I actually found a camp with 50+ STANAG SD mags and DMR mags. Also guns to go with the mags were there.

If you can't do this then try too look in deer stands and barns if you want to find rifles easily, you will mostly find CZ550. If you want millitary grade stuff look in crash sites and airfields.

I search for loot in the far corners of the map on big servers. You will very likely find several camps during one trip and a majority of thoose camps are packed with loot. Recently I actually found a camp with 50+ STANAG SD mags and DMR mags. Also guns to go with the mags were there.

If you can't do this then try too look in deer stands and barns if you want to find rifles easily' date=' you will mostly find CZ550. If you want millitary grade stuff look in crash sites and airfields.

[/quote']

Always wanted to find a camp. Now I know where to look.

There's always an idiot on top of the industrial buildings in cherno, back in the day they used things like a CZ or a Lee, every now and then a guy with a DMR would show up.

Now everyone seems to have an M107.

My favorite place to find good guns is in someone else's inventory.

Not nearly accessible enough.

Deer stands have a chance, but the 6 that I found in my last life didn't spawn any. In fact, I didn't find a single weapon from any of them. Just bad luck on my part. And that's what it comes down to when you're looking for weapons anywhere. LUCK.

My favorite place to find good guns is in someone else's inventory.

Exactly! Someone else's body!

Other than that, the NW airfield generally has some of the better chances of spawning sniper rifles. Military camp in Stary Sober is decent as well with generally less risk than infiltrating the NW airfield.

Here's my advices;

1: Barns. Look out for Lee Enfield or CZ550. The Lee Enfield is not actually a sniper, but can easily shoot an enemy on distance.

2: Military Establishments (Balota, Cherno, Stary or w/e) + Deer Stands. You'll perhaps find a nice CZ550, AKS-74 Cobra (AKS-74 with lasersight) or a DMR if lucky. Also try the NE or Balota airstrip.

3: Helicopter Crash Sites (Randomly found in open fields - I think it's easiest to find them north to the "equator" of the Chernarus map, especially near NW Airfield) - A heckload of zombies around them, but a heckload of loot. Medical supplies like painkillers and morphine makes you smile if you haven't raided a hospital yet. Usually has 1 or 2 FN Fal rifles, which oneshots zombies. Good chance to find a sniper like the DMR or the M24 - What people are really looking for at heli crash sites are the SVD sniper, so they usually let the DMR and M24 be if they see it.

4: North West Air Field (Between 50 and 200 zombies in total around this huge airfield, on crowded servers usually 5+ players, sometimes occupied by bandit organized GANGS/CLANS of 5-10 players with vehicles, NVG's and stuff, so WATCH OUT!) - Check the Barracks on the both sides of the airstrip. Heckloads of weapons (usually just AKM's and M4A1's, but the lucky people find M4A3 CCOG SD, NVG's, Mk48's and serious snipers like the M114, which kills a player in one shot no matter where hit.)

#4 is the most dangerous area in Chernarus. I'd rather run around the center of Elektro or Cherno with a friggin hatchet, than loot this place alone - takes a heckload of time just to get up there from the coast, and its not fun to die as soon as you arrived, because some snipers has been camping there for 3 hours. Watch out, and don't get killed! :)