Sign in to follow this  
pabloottawa

Taking out weapons WHILE moving

Hi guys,

If this has been posted already my apologies. It's becoming very tiresome that in order for me to pull out my axe, I have to move in a circle and slow down to a brisk walk while the zombie can attack me at full speed. Second of all, this seems like a survival sim so in the spirit of that concept, we should be able to pull out weapons while in full sprint and not be forced to slow down to a brisk walk, while a player or zombie opens up on us.

I know this to be true because I tried running full tilt the other day and pulled out my iphone.... the universe let me keep running full tilt and didn't make me slow down to a brisk walk.... the neighbors thought it was a bit odd though.

Edited by pabloottawa
  • Like 1

What they need to do is get rocket into one of those mocap suits and animate the running draws and such. AFAIK they have just modded old mocaps.

Well, you can while moving. You can only do so while moving forward. It doesn't make you walk, it's just a jog.

Well, you can while moving. You can only do so while moving forward. It doesn't make you walk, it's just a jog.

Not if you're moving in a straight line. If you try to pull any weapon out while moving in a straight line the game makes you stop, pull out your weapon and then it's on.

In order to get around this (at least a little), I have to run in a circle while I pull out my axe if I'm gonna fight a zombie. At least this will allow you to keep moving and not let the zombie zero in on your position for a strike. Against unknown players I won't even risk it and just run for cover, to assess the situation.