rybec

PSA: A warning for magazines and open slots

On my current character I have a few 30rd magazines and had one drum magazine for an AKM. I think drum mags are goofy and prefer using a regular magazine, and used the scroll wheel to tell my character to load a 30rd magazine. The only open space in my inventory were lines of two or three. No squares of 4 or more. This caused the drum to disappear from my inventory and wasn't anywhere on the ground. A word of warning, I'll miss those 75 cartridges of food for my shooter.

• Like 2

I feel your pain.  lost my drum a few days ago to similar crap. :-/  game did that stupid 'you clicked on a door - you must want to switch magazines' crap.  no space for my drum in my storage, and putting it on the ground would've been too fucking logical so it teleported to cuba or iceland instead.

every day I feel like kicking a programmer in the crotch while screaming ALPHA!

• Like 1

I feel like the whole scroll-wheel magazine option should probably be removed. With it's awkwardness, it does not seem any faster to me than simply switching mags via inventory. And the problems it's caused me over the months have been horrid.

• Like 1

Same new glitch now if you have two rifles, pull out axe, the rifle in your hand now disappears instead of dropping to ground liKe it used to. They freaking managed to break mote shit than they fix.

So worse controls after patch and disappearing items to boot. No more updates please.

Edited by Zed's Dead

Breaking things as they fix other things is a time-honoured tradition in game development. Do some players really still need to be reminded of what alpha means?

No more updates? Somebody's mad, bro.

fyi, you CAN stop it from doing that if you empty the 30-rd mags in your inventory.  when it happened to me, I'd just picked up a 30 and forgot to empty it.

• Like 1

Once I have drum for AKM, I basicaly do not need any more magazines.

But yes, I think that if you have magazines, you should reload them by pressing (or holding) R, not with mousewheel menu which you need for opening doors.