Sign in to follow this  
irl-calibre

Zoom Bug?

has the right mouse button always quickly zoomed in and out before raising the optic? it feels like it's a new phenomenon & is wile annoying, when you use the 0 key the optic is raised to your eye straight away, not so with the rmb. i've made a wee video about what I mean (needs a few minutes to go up to yt) - has this always been the case or is it something new?

video private ?

edit: thanx

but no - this zoom thing is not normal, doesn't do this for me, tonight

Edited by pilgrim

Huh. Never seen or had this happen. Definitely needs to be looked into.

video private ?

edit: thanx

but no - this zoom thing is not normal, doesn't do this for me, tonight

thats interesting, what version are you playing? it's like the click starts to zoom and then decides, nope, go back and raise the optic instead.

thats interesting, what version are you playing? it's like the click starts to zoom and then decides, nope, go back and raise the optic instead.

have you changed your keybindings maybe ?

I suggest this but - just now I logged in, and I found that when I drank a canteen, my character ran three steps forward, drank the canteen and then lay down.

don't laugh I swear this is true

I thought someone was messing with me and changed server, drank another canteen to check and the same thing happened.

Even if I had a key sticking I dont see how this sequence could happen.

I haven't changed any keybindings for a long time so there's not a double function.

my version number says 0.48 but I am on stable tonight.

Most probably not related, but I found one bug in the new release - I have noticed that if you "search for berries" holding your gun, the gun stays in your hand, then after the search it is no longer held correctly, when you raise it you can't sight down it, it's at a strange angle. To correct this you have to put it down and pick it up again.

good luck

[edit]: later tonight, whole series of messed up events, again not on same server, different players present - drank water from creek - result was I lay down in the water, stood up with the handcuff animation on. could not run, could not roll, but could still sight my gun, which was in my hands behind my back pointing at the ground, so it sighted on a closeup of ground. Did not want to log out - being "handcuffed" but eventually did so, and logged in again ok, alive.

I assume this is my local installation falling to bits, but it's 100% abnormal and disturbing (scares the sheeet out of me), I dont have an explanation at moment. I guess your problem is just coincidental with mine .. ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Problem was my end Pilgrim, you were right it was key bindings, sorted now..

• Like 2

My problem was I was playing 0.47 stable but I had downloaded 0.48. So my DayZ version number was 0.48.

I opted out of "Beta" in Steam and it reloaded the 0.47 version. Now in stable, everything OK.

You press a hold to zoom in. Click to bring up scope. So perhaps theres a crossover of time between bringing the scope up and zooming in if you hold down the button for say, a second.

nah, the problem was i'd assigned double rmb click to walk, it was that binding that was effecting raising the optic, anyhooo as i'd already said, i'd resolved the problem..

Yep. One of the 5 big broken gifts from the latest patch. You also have to now lower the scoped gun with space bar , sucks since just right click used to lower the gun. I hate DayZ patches. Every patch makes the game worse.

Yep. One of the 5 big broken gifts from the latest patch. You also have to now lower the scoped gun with space bar , sucks since just right click used to lower the gun. I hate DayZ patches. Every patch makes the game worse.

hi - you still here ?

nah, the problem was i'd assigned double rmb click to walk, it was that binding that was effecting raising the optic, anyhooo as i'd already said, i'd resolved the problem..

I discovered 'double click'. Double click can be boocoo help for mapping. It's very useful in fact, and double functions on keys can be good technique (long as you dont crosswire them)

for instance I put stand and walk on the 'forward' key, so if I'm crouched, just this one 'move forward' key will get me standing and advancing - I also put a double klick for run, and double click for stand on that same key, so from crouched, one double click and I'm running forward. And if you're standing already, the 'stand' command has no effect.

Also the "move back" key, I put a double click 'crouch' on the same key, so I can move back or crouch as I like. Feels right.

So I have stand, run, crouch, and walk and the 4 directions on just 4 movement keys, easy to find easy to use

There are other very helpful combinations - if you think about what you do, and what you need 'up front' in the game.

Edited by pilgrim

hi - you still here ?

Yeah why would I not be here? Just because Im honest about DayZ progress, this does not mean Im not a Dayz concept fan. I still have a shread of hope . Back to the op topic, am I the only one who is having the new problem of my character not lowering scoped rifle when I unzoom?

Yeah why would I not be here? Just because Im honest about DayZ progress, this does not mean Im not a Dayz concept fan. I still have a shread of hope . Back to the op topic, am I the only one who is having the new problem of my character not lowering scoped rifle when I unzoom?

Normal sequence is :

action )  raise rifle

actions )  - zoom in, - zoom out, - fire,  ...  etc

action ) lower rifle

if rifle is carried lowered or ready:

use 'right mouse button' to raise it and sight  (whatever sights are on the rifle) in one action

and same right mouse button to lower it again to the original position (ready or lowered)

Edited by pilgrim