bhcluster

Building damage

As we can already see this feature in action when petrol station blows up, it would look great to see it implemented on other buildings as well.

gMqDBFT.jpg

But there's no other explosives in the game right now... How would you want it implemented?

But there's no other explosives in the game right now... How would you want it implemented?

Michael Bay can make anything blow up

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21889-1401895807-22

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16201-1401895992-5.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14021-1401896079-4.

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

Shoot a house with the Crossbow?

House explodes

Leslie%20Nielsen%20Nothing%20to%20See%20

Opening a can of bacon?

Explosion!

But I understand: You want players to be able to damage buildings (like smahing in doors, etc. and also brunign down a house, making it explode)

But I think we won't be able to destroy (most) fixed building, when DayZ SA is finally released.

However, we will be able to damage player-made-bases, as far as I know.

So when players barricade houses or make new bases  (say, with wooden logs, wire, etc.) we will be able to damage this.

(Being able to damage everything and every building in the whole DayZ-map would be very very hard to craft, in my opinion)

Edited by irishroy

Shoot a house with the Crossbow?

House explodes

Leslie%20Nielsen%20Nothing%20to%20See%20

Opening a can of bacon?

Explosion!

But I understand: You want players to be able to damage buildings (like smahing in doors, etc. and also brunign down a house, making it explode)

But I think we won't be able to destroy (most) fixed building, when DayZ SA is finally released.

However, we will be able to damage player-made-bases, as far as I know.

So when players barricade houses or make new bases  (say, with wooden logs, wire, etc.) we will be able to damage this.

(Being able to damage everything and every building in the whole DayZ-map would be very very hard to craft, in my opinion)

Idk if you know this, but most Arma buildings have destroyed models. If we had large scale explosives in SA, you could blow up near every building.

Edited by SFRGaming

Idk if you know this, but most Arma buildings have destroyed models. If we had large scale explosives in SA, you could blow up near every building.

Ah, OK. 

Having already destroyed models would make things much easier!

I agree, it doesn't need to be to the extent that Berezino will look like the face of the moon; but the ability to take down small structures and force entry into larger buildings would be good.

I do believe that many of the buildings in Arma 2 Dayz actually do collapse if a large enough number of zombies are drawn inside, but I don't know if anything like that is planned here.

This is what we will have on our disposal:

Item_Grenade.png

UAFvhsCl.jpg

m203-gp-25-3dmodels600x568.jpg

So it would be shame to see these great pieces of hardware and the damage they cause be limited to trees, vehicles, and players...