Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

Reconsider the AK-74 and 5.45x39

I disagree, I think they chose .380 ONLY because of potential confusion between "9x18" and "9x19". 9x18mm is used in more Eastern Bloc pistols and submachine guns than you can shake a stick at.

So there are more .380 weapons but so what? They aren't going to add a dozen types of .380 pocket pistol and as a military cartridge there are a lot more 9x18mm SMGs than there are .380 SMGs.

So only because of the name IMO.

I hope you're wrong. Not an attack against you, you seem correct, I just hope you're wrong. Whenever a game panders to the stupidity of people, I feel the end result suffers tremendously.Camel's nose and all that jazz.

That being said, I'd love to see more .380 pistols. I'd love to see an ortgies in particular, what a neat little pistol.

well.. we already have 2 types of longer rifle bullets (7.62 and 7.62x39), so I don't see a big hassle in adding another lower caliber round that's like the 5.56

I disagree, I think they chose .380 ONLY because of potential confusion between "9x18" and "9x19". 9x18mm is used in more Eastern Bloc pistols and submachine guns than you can shake a stick at.

So there are more .380 weapons but so what? They aren't going to add a dozen types of .380 pocket pistol and as a military cartridge there are a lot more 9x18mm SMGs than there are .380 SMGs.

So only because of the name IMO.

Maybe, but they also don't seem completely intent on adding just Eastern Bloc weaponry. I mean, sure, 9x18mm is used in a ton of different handguns and submachine-guns, but .380 ACP is used in many as well, including a good number of the 9x18mm weapons.

It's just better for pragmatic reasons; you get a bullet with similar performance, no confusion in the names, and an overall larger variety of stuff.

The PM-63 RAK has .380 variants, the PM-84 has 9x19mm variants, the PP-91 has 9x19mm variants, the PP-19 Bizon has .380 ACP and 9x19mm variants, the Vz.61 has .380 ACP & 9x19mm variants, the Vityaz-SN is a 9x19mm SMG, and so forth. There are plenty of Eastern Bloc SMGs that can be added without 9x18mm. Pistols are essentially the same, we can get the Makarov, we can get the P-64, we can get the P-83, we can get the Stetchkin, and a whole ton of other ones, still without 9x18mm.

Sure, if weapon availability realism is the primary concern, then 9x18mm would obviously have priority over .380 ACP, but .380 ACP allows for a better variety of guns. I mean, who doesn't want to use a Walther PP?

I'd rather them just have .380 ACP and add 7.62x25mm Tokarev, that way we can get guns like the Tokarev TT-33, PPSh-41, PPS-43, and so on.

Edited by Chaingunfighter