Sign in to follow this  
Death By Crowbar

Very strange night. Anyone else experienced this?

Trying to figure out if I'm in the twilight zone tonight or what happened. Tried to keep the story short...

So I'm in Elektro on a roof top with a mosin scoping things out, when I get shot at maybe 3x. At least one shot hits me, my screen goes very grey, but I'm not bleeding and still alive. I go prone and eat some food when - wouldn't you know it, DayZ crashes. Like, completely crashes. This happens every so often for me, and I've reported it.

Ok, well - I figure there's a chance I'll come out of this. So I fire DayZ back up and log back in... only I'm now a bambi near Dolina. Ok, well, that's fine, I accept it and progress towards the police station over there. Literally 20 seconds later I get the red chain and red numbers counting - it's obvious either the server rebooted or I lost connection (don't think I did) or something.

Bad luck streak, it happens. My filters are set for roughly mid-pop server numbers, and the previous server i was on doesn't come up at all now, so I pick one that looks ok and log in. Now things get interesting. When I spawn I'm now under a bridge somewhere (I think near Berezino) and completely naked (absolutely no clothes other than default white shirt you can't remove and white undies you can't remove, nothing in inventory), yet somehow I'm fully hydrated, engergized, and healthy. Woah... what in the what?

I was on Regular and Stable the whole time. Sound familiar to anyone or am i just having a rough alpha type night?

• Like 2

Think it's a bug in the respawning system. I spawned in that state before just below Vybor, which is where I guess you are! Pretty quick run to the NWAF and the Veresnik (however you spell it!) military camp for good loot :)

• Like 1

You spawned in Vybor. Known bug. Head East and reap your rewards. 

Edited by lrish

I shall head East and loot like a beast... but wow, what a weird night. Almost trippy. 3 other servers I'd logged into before all this went down had "apparently" rebooted within maybe 5 minutes of me joining. I was in log in, time out limbo for a while.

When I spawn I'm now under a bridge somewhere (I think near Berezino) and completely naked (absolutely no clothes other than default white shirt you can't remove and white undies you can't remove, nothing in inventory), yet somehow I'm fully hydrated, engergized, and healthy. Woah... what in the what?

People seem awfully certain that this is a bug, while it's obviously a case of alien abduction. The time loss, displacement, the missing memories of your ordeal and the fact that you were healthy and fed all point to visitors from outer space.

• Like 3

The Mighty Hand of Holy Rocket touched you. You've been chosen. Accept this gift and pray young one. :|

People seem awfully certain that this is a bug, while it's obviously a case of alien abduction. The time loss, displacement, the missing memories of your ordeal and the fact that you were healthy and fed all point to visitors from outer space.

In this case search for microchips on your neck and hands.

Edited by Zyryanoff

Now that server restart glitch is public knowledge it appears you cant get go 5mins without some tosspot pulling the switch.