MadWookie

DayZ Commander not working? Read this. [DayZ-Launcher - the new alternative]

Does Dayz launcher let you change back to older versions?

I believe it has variations of versions, although not all of them are offered like it was in DayZCommander. I may be mistaken though as it's been a month or so since I've played DayZ Mod.

I believe it has variations of versions, although not all of them are offered like it was in DayZCommander. I may be mistaken though as it's been a month or so since I've played DayZ Mod.

Well I will try it out thanks anyway

I dont think you can actually go back to older versions in dayz launcher :(  

You can always go into your mods folder for Operation Arrowhead and rename the most resent mod folder to something else, DL the mod from DayZ Commander then rename that folder to what DayZ Launcher looks for. I've done this before personally so I know it works. If you need more explaining don't hesitate to contact me in a PM.

I just recently wanted to get back into the mod on my new steam account so I bought the Arma 2 complete collection and downloaded all the Arma 2 content, then booted it up, following that I downloaded the DayZ commander and repaired DayZ (which took forever and I don't know why It never used to) then downloaded overwatch and epoch all the lastest version so I could play DayZ overpoch I then place this parameters in the parameters section -mod=@DayzOverwatch and tried joining a server however when I clicked a server nothing happened after a minute or two I clicked it again and it said that arma2 was already running do you want to close it and open it again I clicked yes nothing happened..... please help

I just recently wanted to get back into the mod on my new steam account so I bought the Arma 2 complete collection and downloaded all the Arma 2 content, then booted it up, following that I downloaded the DayZ commander and repaired DayZ (which took forever and I don't know why It never used to) then downloaded overwatch and epoch all the lastest version so I could play DayZ overpoch I then place this parameters in the parameters section -mod=@DayzOverwatch and tried joining a server however when I clicked a server nothing happened after a minute or two I clicked it again and it said that arma2 was already running do you want to close it and open it again I clicked yes nothing happened..... please help

As mentioned above, DayZ Commander is outdated and no longer works. I would suggest downloading DayZ Launcher @ DayZLauncher.com and re-installing the mods there. If you still have issues dont hesitate to contact me via PM or reply on this thread.

He was asking for help because DayZ Launcher isn't downloading mods. Nothing to do with Commander. Same problem here. Launcher won't download mods at all. I tried uninstall and reinstall of Arma, ArmaOA and DayZ several times. I also did the same for Launcher. Nothing. I waited, like someone posted, to see if, eventually, Launcher would install mods. Nothing.

Tried playing direct thru DayZ, if gives me the " can't play because files have been deleted " garbage. 

Pretty much to the point of giving up this game. Just when you get things running right another problem pops up. 

He was asking for help because DayZ Launcher isn't downloading mods. Nothing to do with Commander. Same problem here. Launcher won't download mods at all. I tried uninstall and reinstall of Arma, ArmaOA and DayZ several times. I also did the same for Launcher. Nothing. I waited, like someone posted, to see if, eventually, Launcher would install mods. Nothing.

Tried playing direct thru DayZ, if gives me the " can't play because files have been deleted " garbage. 

Pretty much to the point of giving up this game. Just when you get things running right another problem pops up. 

I would suggest contacting Kilch, he used to be a dev for the DayZ Mod and might have a few more tricks up his sleeve than I do.

I am a server admin/owner, I can confirm the Dayz Commander is still broken. I have had several users attempt to connect to my server and immediately get disconnected. After researching why this was happening, I downloaded Dayz Commander and tried to connect to my server. I was disconnected like all the rest. What I did notice is that Dayz Commander was not properly detecting my server mods and would only launch base Arma 2 OA. I have been connecting to my server using Dayz Launcher from the start, so I didn't realize why so many were having trouble launching into my server. Dayz Commander is to blame. If any would like to see empirical proof. Get both Dayz Launcher and Dayz Commander, search each of them for Ultima-Weapons's Universe and launch into my server from each. Dayz Launcher will be the only one to work. Why so many people are trying to do it from Dayz Commander still is beyond me. For those that do not want to use either launcher to connect to a server, use the following command to run on a server of your choosing:

ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2~1;C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2O~1\Expansion;C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2O~1\ca;C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2O~1\@lingor;C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2O~1\@dayzoverwatch;C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2O~1\@dayzorigins179;C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\ARMA2O~1\@dayz_epoch1051 -connect=68.0.184.37 -port=60000 

This command assumes you are launching Lingor 1.5, Overwatch 0.2.5, Origins 1.7.9, Epoch 1.0.5.1 mods and that the mods are located in your Arma 2 OA folder. To load the game correctly, you need to load Arma 2 Combined Operations (Arma 2 & Arma 2 OA). That is why you see a path to base Arma 2. It also needs the Expansion folder and though you may not see the 'ca' folder, that part for some reason also needs to be there. If you wanna try it out, the above line will load Arma 2 Combined Operations, Lingor, Overwatch, Origins, and Epoch into my server 'Ultima-Weapon's Universe'. Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Is there a 32-bit version of DayZ launcher. I really want to have the ease of installing updates and mods for DayZ but i run a WinXp 32 bit computer and i have no plans of changing it. Whenever i try running it it says its not a 32bit application, is there a fix for this or an alternative version?

Hey i know im late to the party, but i cant get my dayz commander to work and i cant find a fix on google. someone mind helping me? Skype: kyl1an.matth3w if you have a TS server tell me the ip, though i perfer skype to do technical stuffs

Hey i know im late to the party, but i cant get my dayz commander to work and i cant find a fix on google. someone mind helping me? Skype: kyl1an.matth3w if you have a TS server tell me the ip, though i perfer skype to do technical stuffs

Get DayZLauncher 8P

I'm new to this game and would quite like to play the Takistan map. I can't seem to find it as a download option in the DayZ Launcher. Is there any other way to download it from somewhere else? I googled it for ages now but couldn't find anything useful. All the pages only suggest to download DayZ Commander for it.

Edited by tanker2nd