herd

Dead bodies disappear after 5-10 minutes

How long do the bodies stay on the ground?

I found 3 bodies in the house, killed another guy. Then my friend got killed and I die too. So there were 6 _SIX_ bodies in one building. I respawn near Cherno, run full speed to that house and found ONLY my body, as I was killed last. It took me around 5-10 minutes.

WHY are the bodies disappear so fast ? Could you please make it stay longer? 30 min, 1 h, 2h? The longer the better.

And also please fix disappearing bodies after alt+f4 and the dead body sound w/o any bodies.

Thanks !

It causes server issues having them for long. I think in later patches they will stay for longer.

They actually stay for a pretty good amount of time now. I know just a week ago one of my friend's bodies managed to stay for about half an hour.

After I started this thread a friend of mine died near me, I walked around to loose all the zombies, it took not more then 1-2 minutes. I come back - no body. He had much needed gear he gathered. It should be fixed

When i was playing yesterday, me and my friends where looting the military camp at Stary Sobor. I heard flies from a tent but there was no body, we checked all the tents (3 of us) no bodys. Suddenly i got shot in the back from another player who was laying in a tent wich was empty seconds ago. He killed me and i killed him, my friends was watching my body when i was running back for my gear. Still there where flies from his tent where he got killed but no body.

My corpses where still there tho... but my backpack was gone, was this some hacking?

Have seen many places with flies and no body around...

Over at the Bandit Campfire we established that respawning more than once will erase your dead body. Not sure if there is a delay to that, or if it will happen upon disconnection.

Over at the Bandit Campfire we established that respawning more than once will erase your dead body. Not sure if there is a delay to that' date=' or if it will happen upon disconnection.

[/quote']

If tis true it sucks then :S Should be fixed. Bodies should stay ideally till the server restarts or at least 1h

It causes server issues having them for long. I think in later patches they will stay for longer.

The issue, as I understand it, it total body count. So if you're killing 100 zombies a minute server wide, and all bodies last an hour, pretty soon you have 6,000 corpses persisting on the servers with full inventory data and all the other things related to corpses.

The obvious solution is that zombie corpses are meaningless where as survivor corpses are EXTREMELY valuable. Hence, z corpses should continue to degrade in a few minutes, where as survivor corpses should be made extremely long lasting.

It seems like the implementation is just overly simplistic right now. I can't imagine the current system will be left in place all too long.

Wait, I dont need zombie bodies. I need human bodies with LOOT. Since its SO HARD to obtain loot in this game, human bodies WITH loot should have TOP priority. I dont care about empty human bodies - those can disappear. But human bodies with loot should stay at least 30-60 min. Ideally the more the better till server restarts.

Bodies of newly spawned with painkillers and bandages should have LOW priority and be deleted FIRST.