Sign in to follow this  
aggathor

AK101 Guide | Loot Location, Attachments, Recoil, Damage & Comparison to M4A1/AKM

Hello again DayZ fans! :)

below is an AK101 guide with M4A1 and AKM comparisons. Thanks for watching as always!

• Like 5

I wish AK-101 was removed and instead we'd get AK-74, AKS-74, AKS-74U, RPK-74. They already added ANOTHER pistol calibre (.380) just so we would have two firearms. With the addition of 5.45 we could get 5 - more bang for the buck. Another big advantage, those firearms have interchangeable magazines, so you're not stuck with 12 Makarovs, yet no mags for it.

Edited by ParanoidMoron

I wish AK-101 was removed and instead we'd get AK-74, AKS-74, AKS-74U, RPK-74. They already added ANOTHER pistol calibre (.380) just so we would have two firearms. With the addition of 5.45 we could get 5 - more bang for the buck. Another big advantage, those firearms have interchangeable magazines, so you're not stuck with 12 Makarovs, yet no mags for it.

I'm pretty sure the devs aim is to make guns + ammo harder to find. I like the current system as it's very difficult to get an OP gun in non-military locations.

Edited by Aggathor

I'm pretty sure the devs aim is to make guns + ammo harder to find. I like the current system as it's very difficult to get an OP gun in non-military locations.

But if they did add the guns as ParanoidMoron suggested, you would find more different guns/magazines/ammo that you DON'T want, for your current gun. Slowly forcing you to chuck it away.

Edited by Zippit

Honestly, I'd prefer the AK-108 and its 5.45 ammunition. Given the setting, it'd make far more sense. It's supposedly a post-Soviet satellite state, for God's sakes.

Edited by Ransurian

That is possible without implementing weapons whose presence in Chernarus doesn't make a lot of sense. The guns I mentioned, preferably, would be military spawns only, maybe except the AKS-74U which could spawn in police stations, albeit the possibility would be low.

Adding 5.45 would limit the ammo available to the player, granted if the OVERALL amount of ammo in the game world isn't changed, same would apply to the firearms that I mentioned.

All in all, another weird choice, unfortunately... 

Edited by ParanoidMoron

I've never fired a 101 only a 74 and akm/47s but, shouldn't the recoil be less with the 5.45 than the 7.62?

Don't worry guys! When they allow mods, they'll remove everything with the ak101 using 5.56mm and that shit and bring in the good guns and ammo.

everything with the ak101 using 5.56mm and that shit

Thats about as much shit as grass being green. The AK101 as an export version is meant to fire the much more commonly used 5.56mm round.

I hope they will rebalance the guns at some point as there should be a noticable difference between the AKM and AK101 in terms of damage and recoil. Also the M4 needs a boost in rate of fire - in reality it fires much faster than both the AKM and AK101 but deals less damage. I also hope the AK's will be select fire at one point.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

Thats about as much shit as grass being green. The AK101 as an export version is meant to fire the much more commonly used 5.56mm round.

I hope they will rebalance the guns at some point as there should be a noticable difference between the AKM and AK101 in terms of damage and recoil. Also the M4 needs a boost in rate of fire - in reality it fires much faster than both the AKM and AK101 but deals less damage. I also hope the AK's will be select fire at one point.

well good fucking job having the ak101 brought to chernarus just in time for the apocalypse, where 5.56mm is nonexistant

Also the M4 needs a boost in rate of fire - in reality it fires much faster than both the AKM and AK101 but deals less damage.

Absolutely true. According to wikipedia different m4 variants have 700-950 rounds/min range rate of fire and mp5k series 900 rounds/min. According to Aggathor's MP5 guide (0.96 sec/15 round mag) lets say 15 round(*60) mag/1 sec(*60) = 900 rounds/60sec which is just about right. So m4 should finish a 30 round mag in 2.57sec-1.89sec range (700-950 rpm) Based on these numbers the m4 should absolutely compete with mp5k in rate of fire. Can someone test it? I threw away my m4 when the akm arrived but as far as i remember m4's rate of fire is not even close to that(but maybe im wrong).

(sry about bad english, im working on it)

The M4 is probably just outdated compared to the other weapons - maybe they kept it weaker because it was so common in earlier versions or because of technical details.

Back to the video: Wouldn't it be better to test the damage on a target that gives you a little more data? Because zombies are so weak and move around it might be pretty hard to estimate the damage values let alone the differences between weapons. Testing the damage on a naked player (see the video about Protector Cases) would probably result in much better data though I am aware that each test takes quite some effort.

Edited by Evil Minion