Super_Walrus

Best Sniper Rifle

What is the best sniper rifle for a bandit? I currently have a DMR, a M107, a M14 EP1, an M14 AIM, and a M24. Which one is the best?

Thanks

I think the SVD is the best. AS50 is ok. DMR is the most versatile.

Have not found a SVD yet. They are very hard to find.

Depends on how you use them. If you know how to use mildots to get range (not guessing but calculating) or have a rangefinder the M24 is the best for medium range (accuracy and noise + zeroing) and the AS50 for long range.

If you're on one of the easymode servers that allow nametags for distance or just guessing, the DMR may be the choice because of low recoil and quick follow-up shots. The SVD may seem to be the better choice at first because of the built-in rangefinder but the lack of zoom makes accurate shooting at anything moving above 500m a guessing game. Plus the ammo is more rare than the DMR mags.

The M14 AIM does have the range to take down targets far away, but I keep that as a high-power patrol weapon only.

You also need to mention that the DMR allows you to use NVG with it thus making it very good for bandits.

Then again' date=' is the low power/inaccuracy of the DMR downrange really worth being used in combination with NVGs? It all depends on how you play.

[/quote']

The abundance of ammo justifies the sue of a DMR. Plus a 20 round semi auto clip is great...

M107 during the day time, its one shot kill anywhere on the body, nobody is gonna disconnect from that.

At night the as50 or dmr

You'd be surprised, but L85 RIS CWS is a very viable sniper weapon. 2 grades of magnification, internal night vision, internal thermal vision. 30 rnd clip, abundant ammo. Zeroable up to 700 m. Able to kill up to 850 m (my furthest kill with it).

Suddenly, your ghillie is worthless. It can even spot you through thick foliage. Also, it's great against zombies, due to plentiful ammo.

Are you sure its not a L85 AWS? I thought only the AWS has the thermal sighting, also from first hand experience, the L85 is pretty terrible sniper due to bullet delay, bullet drop, and lack of stopping power. However, it is extremely effective if your working as a team and have a friend use it to spot targets for someone who has an actual sniper. Personally I have found the m107 (despite the noise) to be the best sniper for myself. Its decently accurate, ammo isnt too rare, and a hit is almost always instant death to the target.

Out of the snipers I have used so far, I like the AS50 the most. It's easy to use once you get accustomed to zeroing, it's silent and because of its great stopping power you won't have to worry about players disconnecting to avoid death as much (hell, even a shot to the feet will kill him).

You'd be surprised' date=' but L85 RIS CWS is a very viable sniper weapon. 2 grades of magnification, internal night vision, internal thermal vision. 30 rnd clip, abundant ammo. Zeroable up to 700 m. Able to kill up to 850 m (my furthest kill with it).

Suddenly, your ghillie is worthless. It can even spot you through thick foliage. Also, it's great against zombies, due to plentiful ammo.

[/quote']

That's what I was onto exactly. Awesome scope + zeroing and insane accuracy downrange makes this one the much better choice than the DMR, although less powerful. But since we're talking about a nighttime pick, that doesn't matter as much as it's easier to stalk your targets.

Also, if you're running for chopper crashes and only go to the NW AF for PvP and not for loot, it's just as easy to find as the DMR.

why is SVD > DMR?

why is SVD > DMR?

Better scope. The PSO scope has a built in manual range finder. Also, sexy gun has camo.

Traded for one of these and found 100 rounds in a helo spawn ♥

Only problem is that it's a fucking antenna :/

why is SVD > DMR?

Better scope. The PSO scope has a built in manual range finder. Also' date=' sexy gun has camo.

Traded for one of these and found 100 rounds in a helo spawn ♥

Only problem is that it's a fucking antenna :/

[/quote']

Put it in your bag , PRoblem solved P.S. you dont run with a AS50 unless you have a M4 ish weapon...

Okay I'm using the m107 in Daytime because like the big CAL. and for that big gund ites very silent and u can blow away your ops head like shit! At night im using DMR with milldottables or Rangefinder no problem. Also if u play Arma 2 for a long time u get a feeling of distances! The biggest + for DMR is, like in the post befor said that u can us it with NVG!!!!+++