Sign in to follow this  
methr1k2dop3

My SA experience.

I played the first week it came out and stopped for obvious reasons.

Today i decided to re download and give it a try. (after seeing all the patches)

I spawned and ran to the closest building. Inside was a fucking sweet hat and some handcuffs. I ran out of the building and a player walked up and asked me which way berenzo was. Trying to figure out how to point he pulled out a axe and killed me.

I know this game is alpha and lalalalalalalalalalalalal. but i want to put in a few things that really stop me from playing the game.

1. I dont see ANY zombies!!!! like one or two here and there but thats it. THEY NEED TO ADD SOME GOD DAM ZOMBIES

2. No vehicles. (i know they haven't added them yet) but this is a deal breaker. way i see it vehicles are end game and something to do.

3. Zombie combat. Its a god dam nightmare trying to fight one of these things off. Putting your axe in the middle of their forehead should be a little bit easier. I like Deadislands melee system. Currently it just feels buggy and weird.  its no fluent and doesn't feel right..

4. I think there should be a bit more players per server.

5. I absolutely fucking hate how there there isn't persistent servers. really should be a must have in what they're trying to capture. 

6. Basebuilding????  

I haven't been following the development lately because i have been pretty busy! if anyone wants to elaborate on some of these topics feel free!! As of now personally im going to have to wait a bit longer to enjoy this game. Some things im looking forward too that you might not know about is a game called "Miscreated" and "Survive the nights". I just recently found out about them and they look pretty promising!! Also "the fifth day" release friday 7/25/2014. Its a survival game that revolves around robots and stuff. (what i gathered from some gameplay footage).

I hope everyone is enjoying the game and hope to see you all in chernarus! 

**edit.  This isnt a rant/complaint about dayz, its more of a recapp why i am playing other things. I know its in alpha and they are working on these things. 

Edited by methr1k2dop3
  • Like 1

Yeah I came back after some time away and was disappointed to

All they seem to be doing is adding more guns and areas

I'm doubtful we will ever see any zombies that are of any use

Sure they are working on the path finding, but they still hit like a wet paper towel

Verchiles too, gonna be a while before we see them

The zombies probably won't be done for at least another year, most players arnt interested in them and just want pvp so I doubt it's a high priority

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

3. Zombie combat. Its a god dam nightmare trying to fight one of these things off. Putting your axe in the middle of their forehead should be a little bit easier. I like Deadislands melee system. Currently it just feels buggy and weird.  its no fluent and doesn't feel right..

Stand toe to toe and duke it out and you will lose. You must bust a move and strafe, or more precisely, simply circle them and you will NEVER be hit (unless there's lag/desync). Gimps get killed by zeds, winners go home and F the prom queen (which is pretty much everyone but true bambis).

• Like 1

Stand toe to toe and duke it out and you will lose. You must bust a move and strafe, or more precisely, simply circle them and you will NEVER be hit (unless there's lag/desync). Gimps get killed by zeds, winners go home and F the prom queen (which is pretty much everyone but true bambis).

Well i hope it doesn't stay like that.. lol but thanks this might help me in my next adventure!! 2/10 times a zombie is sprinting towards me and i swing a axe and drop him to the ground. feels great. they slowly getting it. only if there are 5 more behind him.

Edited by methr1k2dop3

My character right now has a fully kitted AKM, but there are almost no zombies for me to kill, so basically all that's left to do is go kill people.

I completely understand the concerns - many of my friends have also stopped playing for the same reasons.

• We will see more zombies soon, Experimental right now is testing 64 bit servers, which opens up many possibilities.
  • Vehicles are currently in development. I'm actually optimistic, that we may see the first ones before Christmas of this year.
  • Zombie combat: this gets better every patch - the latest experimental build partially has fixed zombies running through walls, and makes a better experience.
  • More Players: There has also been a 100 player server in testing.
  • Persistent servers: Tents are going in the internal testing build and the latest tweet from rocket said they might make Experimental this week!
  • Basebuilding: Later this year, I imagine we will start hearing about this. I think it's fair to say that this is probably not coming until 2015.

Add in all the new weapons, items and small changes (sounds, bug fixes, functions, changes to existing things ) and there is actually quite a lot of things getting done right now! It's fair to be disappointed with the current progress of the game, but there is a lot of things getting done. Hang in there!

Edited by Forrelist
  • Like 1

seriously, go play Arma 3 Breaking point..

its literaly light years ahead of SA already..

do loook into it, you'll see what i mean.

im not sure SA will ever get reinstalled back onto my puter given its dev. pace.

OK, this game is in develepment for year and 7 months. After year of work, it was relesed as alpha. Until 3 months ago, team was so small they fit in one office. Last few updates brought lot new content, which are changing a way game will be played. It may seem progress is slow, but only because we have accses to early build. How many CoD, Battlefield, Far cry, and other AAA titles let you see how one third finished game looks like? And folow day to day work on game.

H1Z1 team try to copy aproach, but I find them too agresive and anoying.

Sorry, but no matter how often you state that this is not a rant, you are still mocking the dev team for being to slow

if you want cars and all that stuff, play the mod

if you could handle the game being alpha, you wouldn't post useless obvious sh*t like this, which EVERYONE IS AWARE OF

think you can do it better? i hope you are a very good programmer if you think that

• Like 1

Sorry, but no matter how often you state that this is not a rant, you are still mocking the dev team for being to slow

if you want cars and all that stuff, play the mod

if you could handle the game being alpha, you wouldn't post useless obvious sh*t like this, which EVERYONE IS AWARE OF

think you can do it better? i hope you are a very good programmer if you think that

So criticizing the development of the game is now mocking the dev team. Good to know. It used to be just ranting, but now it's mocking too. It's not about not being able to handle the game being alpha. It's about criticizing the developers priorities. Zombies f.ex should be a high priority but it's obiously not.

I am not mad about the pace of development but I am holding back on playing the standalone at this point. They have been pretty upfront with their timeline for many of the features people are wanting and while I hate to say this Bohemia has a track record of producing fun yet buggy games. I expect many of the issues to persist through Beta and full release especially the desync issue that is present in Arma 2 and Arma 3 although less pronounced. Other issues like zombie count and bugs will probably be resolved but I doubt at the speed many people hope for. I took a couple month break from the standalone and just recently fired it up again and was pleased with the progress but not to the point where I see myself playing it all that often. 

They were upfront about the amount of time this game needed to go into Beta and they have a track record that anyone interested in the game should have looked up (buggy fun games). If you are angry about that maybe it will convince some people to stop buying early access/Alpha titles. 

I just feel these are the reasons me and a lot of other people are not playing Dayz right now.. its not about telling them to hurry up, its about letting them know why i dont like the game. which last time i checked this whole fucking point of a early access alpha. 

I just feel these are the reasons me and a lot of other people are not playing Dayz right now.. its not about telling them to hurry up, its about letting them know why i dont like the game. which last time i checked this whole fucking point of a early access alpha. 

The whole point of early access alpha is to get funding even if they say different or other people say different. That is not an evil goal either, there are too many people who do not understand that video games are a business and putting this game with a ton of hype out on Early Access was the best business decision to make and is better for the game as well since it allowed for additional hiring. But Early Access is not all about caring what the player base thinks they want in the game or even listening to all of the divergent opinions. It offers a great opportunity to stress test and test features, otherwise I doubt they care all that much about many individual opinions. 

So criticizing the development of the game is now mocking the dev team. Good to know. It used to be just ranting, but now it's mocking too. It's not about not being able to handle the game being alpha. It's about criticizing the developers priorities. Zombies f.ex should be a high priority but it's obiously not.

When criticizing something you ALWAYS should address it in a civil and non-negative manner. This was also another post negative rant HOWEVER, it was so much better than the most that get posted here.

More than 6 months and it is basically the same game.

Yes but now we have hunting and fishing and couple of items to craft. Dont forget couple of extra added buildings. Oh and we have one extra type of zombie, a monkey crawler, do not attempt to fight these if you find other zombies hard. If you are going to say "is that all" and its actually almost 8 months now, then yes that is all unfortunately. (Aaand the fanboy attack in ...3. 2. 1.)

But seriously its slowly very slowly becoming the best zombie survival game

"it's obviously not", why is that so obvious?

they are working on the navmesh, just because it's not the first thing to get finished does not mean it doesn't have a high priority

you know, programming AI behavior is not the simplest thing in the world, especially not in a map that is a few square kilometers big and there are supposed to be 1 - 4 thousand of the AI entities

of course a few weapons will come out first, they are basically artwork needed to be converted to ingame files and stripped to a 3d model, which is far easier and has no effect on server or game performance

methr1k2dop3 check this video, it best explains how to deal with them:

I dont know when this video was made, but it is currently pretty much useless.

At the moment if zombie is facing away from you, you can run jump or dance makarena and zombie will not hear you. Sneaking is pointless as they see you from kilometer away, as long as nothing obstructs their view. I had one run at me from a good distance, not sure exactly how far, but using a scope this zombie was a dot. Even though when facing a zombie or zombies, 3rd person is easier, however right now its broken, doesnt always work. Any melee weapon in 1st view is 1-2 hit kill.

The only thing that you can use from that video is strafing and hitting, even this doesnt guarantee you wont get hit. Even facing away from you and striking, you can receive damage, desync maybe.

H1z1 already has a push away action, i hope this is implemented soon as strafing doesnt really work indoors or tight areas

I dont know when this video was made, but it is currently pretty much useless.

At the moment if zombie is facing away from you, you can run jump or dance makarena and zombie will not hear you. Sneaking is pointless as they see you from kilometer away, as long as nothing obstructs their view. I had one run at me from a good distance, not sure exactly how far, but using a scope this zombie was a dot. Even though when facing a zombie or zombies, 3rd person is easier, however right now its broken, doesnt always work. Any melee weapon in 1st view is 1-2 hit kill.

The only thing that you can use from that video is strafing and hitting, even this doesnt guarantee you wont get hit. Even facing away from you and striking, you can receive damage, desync maybe.

H1z1 already has a push away action, i hope this is implemented soon as strafing doesnt really work indoors or tight areas

The point is strafing and hitting, on a server where your ping is 80 or less, is completely reliable. In a rare lag event you *might* get hit, but you can essentially take on nearly limitless zeds this way (even bare fisted!) safely. Zeds are no threat to anyone so long as you know how to engage them and deal with them appropriately. Finding a small hill to run down only makes the work more simple when they fall to their deaths.