Sign in to follow this  
bomrat

people tracking?

just quick question.  I was out in the middle of the water.  swimming between land masses. got tracked until I got to shore and shot... how are people finding newbees like me

simple... u just have to look on your monitor ;)

sryl, this is dayz.... u can be glad that u already made it to the middle of "something"... ;) other ppl get killed seconds after spawn :)

prepare to get killed every second out of nowhere and NEVER EVER get attached to your gear.

ohh and - welcome to the forum jung survivor

Edited by quantum2k6

indeed dont log out on stairs, under trees, and so much more! welcome to DayZ! Where if a Zombie or a Player dont kill you, the Ladders will! :P 

In a far distance it is easy to see a player swim, it is a black dot floating above the water surface. and to tuthmes, of course you can log out under a tree, it is the safest thing to do as long as your not close to a town. Have always done it, nothing ever happened to me.

Sounds like you encountered one of the real winners who play DayZ.  I avoid the water especially when I have gear (it likes to come off your back and float which you may or may not be able to retrieve)...it's a good way to lose it..just a heads up in the future. I too always log out away from heavy traffic areas in a bush or in/under a tree and never had an issue when I rejoin the game.