gtefox

No RCon Support anymore?

Fragnet should offer you two restart messages that are there by default.

You can adjust the Time and the message for these two. Those messages deffinately should work. When they are not working i would suggest you make a Ticket describing your problem.

Right now we have a restart every hour wich is working just fine. With the default restart messages.

I have to say that you sir are the only one that I know of that is unscathed by random crashes, and thats good for you, but the rest of us are in rough shape lol

Dont really know if there are restart warnings, because in 8/10 cases, the server crashes before the 4 hours.

I would suggest you test more.

If you dont experience these problems, im happy for your server, for us, they are real.

Open a Ticket - when you are hosted with Fragnet average response time is ~20 minutes.

btw: you guys realize restart more than every 4 hours is against the rules and that this is the official forum? ;)

That is not correct.

You are not allowed to let your Server run more then 4 hours. Without a restart.

Edited by VanValdenburg

I have to say that you sir are the only one that I know of that is unscathed by random crashes, and thats good for you, but the rest of us are in rough shape lol

Maybe the explanation is that i care 24/7 about our Servers. We are in direct contact with Fragnet.

However am sure they would be happy to help you. When you would create a ticket stating your problems they should respond in about ~20 minutes.

Maybe the explanation is that i care 24/7 about our Servers. We are in direct contact with Fragnet.

However am sure they would be happy to help you. When you would create a ticket stating your problems they should respond in about ~20 minutes.

Well we care for all our servers the same, we are not new to running servers, we have been around for more then 10 years and currently have the number one BF4 server in the world. Maybe its a sever location thing. Where is your server located?

Well we care for all our servers the same, we are not new to running servers, we have been around for more then 10 years and currently have the number one BF4 server in the world. Maybe its a sever location thing. Where is your server located?

We have DayZ SA Servers located in EU (UK;Sweden) and US (NYC).

Like i said - you could have created a ticket and get a answer by now from Fragnet - not sure why you try to figure out what is wrong in this Forum here.

We have DayZ SA Servers located in EU (UK;Sweden) and US (NYC).

Like i said - you could have created a ticket and get a answer by now from Fragnet - not sure why you try to figure out what is wrong in this Forum here.

So you think we just dont submit tickets? Thats a poor assumption on your part, as we have talked many times, yet we still have problems, but I get it, you love Fragnet.

Edited by jessebilyk

So you think we just dont submit tickets? Thats a poor assumption on your part, as we have talked many times, yet we still have problems, but I get it, you love Fragnet.

When you have worlds first BF4 Server i could also assume you are in direct contact with Fragnet and do not need to write any tickets tbh ;)

When you have worlds first BF4 Server i could also assume you are in direct contact with Fragnet and do not need to write any tickets tbh ;)

Yes thanks for your help.

Are you able to get your messages to display correct through BEC currently in 0.49? We've made adjustments based on the note that Fragnet sent to all DayZ server owners, and as well re-wrote the script to have restarts every 2 hours with messages. Sometimes the messages display and sometimes they don't. No errors in the BEC logs on scheduled tasks not starting etc, and when we restart BEC it doesn't seem to make a difference. However the server does restart ever 2 hours without trouble (unless the server freezes due to being full) but again the messages sometimes display its about to restart and sometimes they don't. 

If you have any tips to share on how you got your scheduler working good, please let me know as our server is with Fragnet.net as well. 

Cheers. 

Have you tried a script for max ping? I dont think it can be scripted in but im tempted to try 

Fragnet should offer you two restart messages that are there by default.

You can adjust the Time and the message for these two. Those messages deffinately should work. When they are not working i would suggest you make a Ticket describing your problem.

Right now we have a restart every hour wich is working just fine. With the default restart messages.

That is not what I was asking you. I was asking if you were able to use the BEC scheduler to display messages and restart the server properly. From your response I see you're using the built in tool that Fragnet provides to restart. For us that tool does not work and we've put in a ticket for it.

Since you're restarting every hour then I assume this is why you're seeing far less crashes/hang ups then the rest of us folks who are hosted by Fragnet. We're at 2 hour restarts as I mentioned above using the BEC tool and if we reach 40 players inside hour 1 of a 2 hour restart, its almost a guaranteed we'll have a server lockup before the server can automatically restart.  Below is my ticket with Fragnet regarding the crashes we've seen as a result of 0.49 - as of today we have seen no improvements or updates to help restart our server as they continue to suggest we restart manually.  Read the following ticket from bottom / up. 

Hello,

I'm afraid that we can't set timers to restart manually each DayZ server we host. 

As I mentioned earlier, right now the only way to prevent freezes is to restart the server manually from the game panel.

We are working on getting another restart method, without the need of BEC.

Kind Regards,

John @ Fragnet

Fragnet Networks AB - Game Hosting Solutions

Web: http://www.fragnet.net How would you rate this reply?  Poor             Excellent

2014/10/09 16:19
The Riddler || Client
Are you guys still restarting all Day Z servers every 4 hours or are you leaving it up to each server owner? 

Is there anyway you can set our server to restart every 2 hours since BEC is no longer working? We are constantly having to login manually to restart the server when it freezes/hangs up and would like to just have to set to restart regardless every 2 hours. 

Thank you!

2014/10/08 02:41
John Karamperis || Staff
Hello,

At the moment we can't suggest you anything else as the crashes are software related. 

BEC is indeed causing freezes after the new update, why at the moment the only way to restart is to manually do it from the game panel!

Kind Regards,

That is not what I was asking you. I was asking if you were able to use the BEC scheduler to display messages and restart the server properly. From your response I see you're using the built in tool that Fragnet provides to restart. For us that tool does not work and we've put in a ticket for it.

Since you're restarting every hour then I assume this is why you're seeing far less crashes/hang ups then the rest of us folks who are hosted by Fragnet. We're at 2 hour restarts as I mentioned above using the BEC tool and if we reach 40 players inside hour 1 of a 2 hour restart, its almost a guaranteed we'll have a server lockup before the server can automatically restart.  Below is my ticket with Fragnet regarding the crashes we've seen as a result of 0.49 - as of today we have seen no improvements or updates to help restart our server as they continue to suggest we restart manually.  Read the following ticket from bottom / up. 

Those are from 2014/10/09.

Yes there was a Problem at this Time. However this is fixed now.

We are in alpha stage - this means things will get broken and fixed in a very small time window.

Please try to install the Server new aswell as the BEC one.

There also was a change in the sheduler script.

Make sure you use the updated one: http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/

Those are from 2014/10/09.

Yes there was a Problem at this Time. However this is fixed now.

We are in alpha stage - this means things will get broken and fixed in a very small time window.

Please try to install the Server new aswell as the BEC one.

There also was a change in the sheduler script.

Make sure you use the updated one: http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/

I appreciate you trying to help but I've already done everything you've mentioned and no, it is not fixed for our server; the built in messages do not work for us. I've opened a new ticket and gotten no response as far as a fix, other than, "a fix is coming"  and what was mentioned above, "restart manually". We've also re-wrote the script specifically due to the link you gave above and this is how we're able to restart every two hours now unless it freezes.

As far as fixing things in a small window, it hasn't happened this time around as far as server stability. I do realize first and foremost this is still in Alpha but my biggest gripe is the transparency they give to server providers like fragnet on what is changing from update to update. Sure things will always break when you update, but this time around the changes were across multiple channels (BEC, Server providers, Day Z update to 0.49) and very little was provided to the end customer on what we can do to keep our server running optimally. 

Throughout all the troubles this month, we've still managed to keep our server's rank within the top 25. Today on gametracker we're ranked 18th so obviously people are playing, but as a server owner its been way too much "hands on" to keep the server running. Since this thread is on Rcon, I sure wish they'd provide it to public servers simply for the ease of administrating the server....... 

• Like 1