Sign in to follow this  
PencilTips

Zombie Aspect - New Ideas!

So all of us know this DayZ game started out as being a mod for the game Arma II. The reason this game became so attractive to gamers was the guidelines of the game were to survive. The Infected Zombies, that's the reason this game is popular but we are forgetting all about the zombies in the game!

We should be making zombies harder to fight or atleast harder to kill, maybe they should inflict more damage but we really need to make the game more towards the zombie and player survival. So what we could do is making zombies something that players want to be as far away from or just a hassle for players. In the new upcoming game (----), the zombies are extremely hard to fight and they keep showing up in hoards. I hate that because if you kill a zombie in (----) all the others are attracted and there is a very hard chance of you surviving. I want zombies to have a better AI system, In buildings they should still only walk but they know how to fin their way to you. Doors that are closed should not be able to have zombies come through them since you're trying to get away. There are some suggestions saying that we should be able to hide within hoards of zombies to travel without fright of getting killed. I'm just saying that we need to make zombies atleast have as frighting effects as players do, The moment you get an axe, you devour all zombies with one hit kills. You've probably heard this so many times but please tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions about this problem, if it is one, comment on it below. Thanks!  

Edited by PencilTips

I believe they should be more focused on functionality(Fixing issues, increasing abilities in example; hordes) of them then later increase the difficulty down the line but in my opinion, each zombie should have different values of strength and speed so that way, each zombie could have a possibility of being easy or hard for each encounter.

We should be making zombies harder to fight or atleast harder to kill, maybe they should inflict more damage but we really need to make the game more towards the zombie and player survival. So what we could do is making zombies something that players want to be as far away from or just a hassle for players. In the new upcoming game (----), the zombies are extremely hard to fight and they keep showing up in hoards. I hate that because if you kill a zombie in (----) all the others are attracted and there is a very hard chance of you surviving. I want zombies to have a better AI system, In buildings they should still only walk but they know how to fin their way to you. Doors that are closed should not be able to have zombies come through them since you're trying to get away. There are some suggestions saying that we should be able to hide within hoards of zombies to travel without fright of getting killed. I'm just saying that we need to make zombies atleast have as frighting effects as players do, The moment you get an axe, you devour all zombies with one hit kills. You've probably heard this so many times but please tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions about this problem, if it is one, comment on it below. Thanks!  

I think the single zed is good like it is right now. It's fast so you can't run away easily (which would be boring) and they are not too easy to kill (still takes two shots from a pistol). Slow hordes wouldn't make sense, because then you could just run away and the thread would be gone (boring).

We just need to wait until the implement hordes and servers can handle more zombies because then this "problem" will solve itself. Dean announced that zeds will incease by factor 5-10.

Imagine then instead of 3 zombies chasing you through a city it would be 15-30. Have fun!

Zombies were terrifying in the mod because they twitched around and were impossible to actually hit when you shot at them. The only way to survive a group of 5 zombies was to either spray and pray, crawl around them and hope they didn't notice, or let them chase you into a building where they would slow down enough for you to run away.

I think they need to quadruple the amount of zombies and make them spawn in big packs or hordes where one little noise (like a gunshot or talking in direct chat) will piss them off and they'll run toward the location where the noise originated, not your character.

They should also have a kind of eye-sight sort of thing, where if they see you MOVING, then they'll scream and alert the other zombies, then start chasing you. But if you're laying in the grass right in their line of sight I don't think they should notice you.

Edited by mullraugh

Zombies were terrifying in the mod because they twitched around and were impossible to actually hit when you shot at them. The only way to survive a group of 5 zombies was to either spray and pray, crawl around them and hope they didn't notice, or let them chase you into a building where they would slow down enough for you to run away.

I think they need to quadruple the amount of zombies and make them spawn in big packs or hordes where one little noise (like a gunshot or talking in direct chat) will piss them off and they'll run toward the location where the noise originated, not your character.

They should also have a kind of eye-sight sort of thing, where if they see you MOVING, then they'll scream and alert the other zombies, then start chasing you. But if you're laying in the grass right in their line of sight I don't think they should notice you.

Yea I like the idea, but instead of zombies being impossible to kill like before the games coding should be improved and so on. When the throwing aspect gets implemented, we should be able to throw rocks or bottles away from the path we want to take to get the zombies to move and then we could cross. Also the snipers on the hill make lots of noise when they shoot, there should be a consequence for that, like maybe traps could be implemented in the game or barbed wire installing to stop any zombies from coming at you while you snipe, then when you're done you kill them off, clean up, and leave the area before Frankie comes and serves justice. I am not a bandit by the way, just saying there should fairness for all players in the game.

I believe they should be more focused on functionality(Fixing issues, increasing abilities in example; hordes) of them then later increase the difficulty down the line but in my opinion, each zombie should have different values of strength and speed so that way, each zombie could have a possibility of being easy or hard for each encounter.

The glitches in the game already make that possible haha, but I like the way you think!  ;)

• Like 1

One way to make Zeds harder would be to have gunfire attract them in a much wider area, Not hostile right away but lets say every zombie within 6 or 700 meters of a loud gunshot has a 25% chance of converging on the source of the sound, Now your in cherno and you pop one zed who noticed you, now you have 25% of every zed in cherno on there way to you and every time you fire your weapon you attract more.

Edited by unmovingtarget

I think theyre fine now, they gang bang me all the time. Or maybe thats cause they (used?) to run through walls, aggro from 10 clicks away while your prone in the woods at night, and spawn on top of you.

Also, is it not allowed to say H1Z1 here? Little hypocritical, seein as how I say DayZ in their forums and Im not called a codkiddiefanboy for bein interested in what the competition is like.