Sign in to follow this  
Lithium1056

A wild idea!

Ok you guys are going to flame the hell out of me if you don't read this whole post. It's also going sound crazy at first but I honestly think it could if done on a separate hive improve development.

Once again set up a third hive for this not the main core or hardcore hive maybe even in experimental!

Shut off battleeye every script kiddie worth his weight has multiple steam accounts and has multiple copies of this game. They are going to hack let them, the more we catch in alpha and beta the harder hacking will be in final. And no this isn't just because I want the uber M4 no reload unlimited ammo.

It's because I want the physical final of the game to be the best possible product out of the gate.

The more freedom you give a hacker the bolder they get the more flamboyant and the easier to catch. This weeds out all the quick hackers (ie: not good at it) and means that moving forward we will see fewer hacks as each one is addressed.

Once we weed out the crap hackers we can focus on the good ones and that's the ones we really need to worry about in final the ones already getting around battle eye. That ones potentially causing bans of legitimate players that round a corner and catch. Hacker as he is logging out, kill and loot him and then when battleeye catches the hack bans the player holding the gear not the one that generated the gear.

Again it's outrageous an it's probably from my lack of sleep in even suggesting it. But at least I'm not suggesting we do it on pubs make a separate hive or do it on experimental. But it seems MRE efficient than just hoping BE catches them or VAC (which has probably been the second worse anti-cheat program I've ever encountered)

As it stands I still get Hollywood sprayed (think final shoot out of tombstone where everyone had unlimited ammo in six-shooter) a couple of times a week if not more.

I'm gonna go take a nap now I'll probably regret even posting this later but here goes!

• Like 1

And here I thought I was insane

• Like 1

And here I thought I was insane

You still are.

-snip-

Titanfall has it where if you get banned for hacking you can only play on servers with other hackers. Serves them right.

Titanfall has it where if you get banned for hacking you can only play on servers with other hackers. Serves them right.

I can see where I'd sit back with popcorn a watch that on twitch all day for the lols.

GTA V utilizes a similar system for "bad players" getting reported to many times or being a dick in general gets you a dunce cap you can't take off and you can only play with other "bad sports"

Problem there is that it's a broken system, in a game all about mayhem blowing up to many other players cars gets you in the "bad sport" lobby unless they fixed it because of how stupid it was. (They also charged your to replace the players car if it was insured which ranged from 100$ in-game currency to in the 100,000$ range)

And rather than let hackers only play with other hackers (which is actually a really classy concept now that I think about it) I'd rather just sort the hacks out now, fix the issues and be done with them.

Like I said the guys writing these hacks use multiple accounts Battleeye banning the hacker simply tells them they need to change the code. While it (to my understanding) doesn't rip the hackers game files to submit to BI for review. The only way to efficiently catch the hacks is to let them hack have the server copy the game files compare the code and then work a fix.

The only real option we have right now is being lucky enough to kill a hacker scoop his loot, come on the forums report the hack say Hey I killed a hacker as stole all his hacked junk wanna come take a look at it? Hope they respond before Battleeye says hay j00 haz haxors! And ban you. It's not an easy suggestion and it needs to stay off the primary hive. But at this stage of development where everyone has access to expbranch rather than a select group. They are a step ahead of each stable patch already.

Hell this might be the worst idea I've ever had but it seems to me like one of the few possibilities available to prevent launch from being DayHax because the hackers already had the final before it released. It would also allow for BI to focus on missed bugs and future content instead of weekly hot patches to fix hacks