Sign in to follow this  
Petrollium

Any word on the addition of more infected?

This is my single biggest complaint about the standalone. I'm close to redownloading the mod for this reason. I'm not asking for pity or anything. Just facts, or even opinions. Apparently, with this new exp update, the server fps is where the devs want it to be. So, think they'll start adding more infected? This is a deal breaker for me. I love lone wolfing. I love just surviving. I try to avoid other people like the plague. Its just how I play. Without zombies (or respawning loot which is another story altogether but let's just focus on the REASON the game world is the way it is {lore wise}) I end up logging off after running around for five minutes. I don't even care that the zombies suck at the moment. If the devs could just increase the infected count by ~10 times, the game would be much, much better IMO.

Right now, fighting in a town carries zero repercussions, aside from the danger of encountering another player. With more infected, people WOULD think twice about firing their AKM (the dinnerbell 2.0) due to being swarmed by the infected. Ammo would become more precious and looting towns wouldn't be so easy. Right now you spawn in, sprint into the nearest town, loot and repeat. With more zombies, the amount of time spent in game would increase as you wouldn't be able to sprint into town, grab everything you need and sprint out. It trivializes the entire experience. Zero infected make dayZ lameZ.

Yeah, same reason i'm not playing SA either right now. It's pretty pointless. There's a game just like this right now that's a lot better and it's called battlefield 4. 

I wouldn't hold my breath on more infected coming any time soon. My best guess is (hopefully) by the end of the year. 

I would recommend trying Breaking Point. The zombies are slow and very dumb but they serve the purpose for what you just stated. You can't just sprint into town and run and grab. Takes a little bit of strategy and you don't want to stay in one spot too long as people will see the zombie hordes around you. 

The game is in alpha, and that means that there are limitations to what can be done to add more zeds to the game. These technical difficulties can't simply be magicked away by the Devs when they see your highly compelling argument. At best your suggestion looks like a child demanding their Christmas presents early, despite it being Easter.

When you buy Standalone it warns you that the game isn't finished. Your post only really annoys me because you aren't saying: 'can we have more zeds?', you are saying: 'Give me more zeds now. If not I will be angry with the devs'.

If you want to play the finished game, wait until the game is finished. In the mean time, you have been able to buy the game at a discount of its eventual price, and been given the privelage of being part of the ongoing development of a game with incredible potential.

The suggestions forum doesn't exist so that people can complain about the game being 'unplayable' or 'broken'. If you have to do it, go to general discussion.

Zero infected make dayZ lameZ.

and also, ha ha ha ha! Your wit amuses me to no end!

p.s. here is your suggestion rephrased in a more constructive way:

It would be great if the game had more zeds (insert the reasons you gave, only without the needless insults to the game).

The game is in alpha, and that means that there are limitations to what can be done to add more zeds to the game. These technical difficulties can't simply be magicked away by the Devs when they see your highly compelling argument. At best your suggestion looks like a child demanding their Christmas presents early, despite it being Easter.

When you buy Standalone it warns you that the game isn't finished. Your post only really annoys me because you aren't saying: 'can we have more zeds?', you are saying: 'Give me more zeds now. If not I will be angry with the devs'.

If you want to play the finished game, wait until the game is finished. In the mean time, you have been able to buy the game at a discount of its eventual price, and been given the privelage of being part of the ongoing development of a game with incredible potential.

The suggestions forum doesn't exist so that people can complain about the game being 'unplayable' or 'broken'. If you have to do it, go to general discussion.

and also, ha ha ha ha! Your wit amuses me to no end!

p.s. here is your suggestion rephrased in a more constructive way:

It would be great if the game had more zeds (insert the reasons you gave, only without the needless insults to the game).

Yep.

I totally agree that the number of Zeds shoukd be increased.

So, think they'll start adding more infected?

Right now, fighting in a town carries zero repercussions, aside from the danger of encountering another player.

But I can just agree to what 11tw said, be patiend. This is alpha!

If you don't like it, go play the mod and stop complaining about things that are announced to be comming but not there yet.

Dean confirmed an increase in zeds of about 5-10 times, so don't worry, it will be like in the Mod. But right now it would just be pointless to add more Zeds if the servers can't handle them...

You bought a game that isn't finished.

It still isn't finished.

At the end of 2014, it still won't be finished.

Edited by IronCross