Sign in to follow this  
Grold

DayZ - my thoughts so far and some suggestion

Hello, 

I got the standalone from quite a while now, and for a period i stopped playing it; only recently i came back to the game and, while i can see many imrpovements made, there is still some core issue that imo needs some attention. 

So far the game , at least for me, is try to survive while you gear up and gather enough food, and than .... than either you suicide yourself in PvP or nothing. I mean this game still lack all the survaivability gameplay that shouldn't be only for the first hour where you search weapons/gear. If i want to survive in DayZ i can get some food and just reach the farthest forest and stay there without doing nothing , i mean nothing at all with the character standing there.... So i haven't read all the upcoming features but i really hope they are including something to get you busy and have fun that is not related to killing other players (that's the only funny thing in this game at the moment)

Here are some ideas that i'm sure have already been mentioned by someone else before (i'd be surprised if not):

- More Zombies i mean everywhere (wandering hordes of zombies)

- Introduce profession/crafitng like hunting , building houses/shelters to rest, based on the environment and the resoursces you can get (basically the concept to survive while being away from the main cities without being bored to death, if i want to survive the last thing i'd do is to go where all players and zombies are like major cities/airports). 

Everything else that can detach the gameplay from the usual "gearup->pvp->die->rinse and repeat" style would be great.

Cheers.

- More Zombies i mean everywhere (wandering hordes of zombies)

- Introduce profession/crafitng like hunting , building houses/shelters to rest, based on the environment and the resoursces you can get (basically the concept to survive while being away from the main cities without being bored to death, if i want to survive the last thing i'd do is to go where all players and zombies are like major cities/airports). 

More zombies will come when the servers are more optimized for it, Hordes will too. But I'd much rather have respawning loot before more Zeds.

Professions are a bad idea. As when you die they will all be gone again. Building houses probably won't be a thing (at least not for a LONG time) but barricading doors/windows will.