Sign in to follow this  
Snack (DayZ)

Extreme FPS Lag DayZ Mod

I have tried pretty much everything I have found on the internet, ranging from Razer GB to setting launch parameters and nothing works.. I have a 10-20 FPS and i'm sick and tired of it. I've owned DayZ Mod for about a year now and I not been able to play it. I get random FPS lag spikes that drop to about 8 FPS every 20 seconds or so and that really pisses me off. I should be able to play it with everything disabled and settings on very low but nothing seems to work. I would be happy with a steady 30-40 FPS even if it dropped to about 20 every now and then. I need some help..

PC Specs :

Intel Core I5-2410M Cpu @ 2.30Ghz

8 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GT 525m

The GT 525m is your problem. Not a gaming card, it lacks the power to run DayZ mod properly even on lowest settings.

Edited by Salva

His graphics card isn't the problem as much as his CPU is. You're CPU needs to be very powerful to player arma based game. As they run off your CPU more then anything.

I have the same problem, ive tried every configuration possible and modified config files as all the "optimization" guides instructed, still cant go above 25fps, making melee combat with laggy zombies practically impossible.

It makes me kinda sad that you cant see any efforts of optimization on the development roadmap, meanwhile they keep adding hats, the game keeps being unplayeable for a lot of people.

My Specs

CPU: Phenom II x4 945 @3.0Ghz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: R9 280x 3GB

His graphics card isn't the problem as much as his CPU is. You're CPU needs to be very powerful to player arma based game. As they run off your CPU more then anything.

The game does not run more on the cpu than anything. The graphics card is still the most important component. When you lack the base performance your game will lag. The 2410M, scoring 3000 points in the Passmark cpu list is fast enough to run the game when supported by a decent graphics card, which the GT 525m unfortunately is not. Even if he had an i7 combined with that graphics card his game would lag on low settings.

The game does not run more on the cpu than anything. The graphics card is still the most important component. When you lack the base performance your game will lag. The 2410M, scoring 3000 points in the Passmark cpu list is fast enough to run the game when supported by a decent graphics card, which the GT 525m unfortunately is not. Even if he had an i7 combined with that graphics card his game would lag on low settings.

You must be new to arma?

Arma runs more primarly off the CPU then the GPU. Google it.

You must be new to arma?

Arma runs more primarly off the CPU then the GPU. Google it.

I'm telling you it doesn't. I'm not new to ArmA, quite the contrary especially when it comes to dayz mod. I've benchmarked the game on at least 10 different systems and I'm telling you an i7 won't do you any good if you lack a decent gpu. A cpu does not run games modern 3d games period. Yes, it can be a bottleneck which in Arma it often is the case. I've had friends with i7 laptops and GT540m/GT550m struggling to get decent framerates. Why? Because a GT540m is not a really fast card. The i7 alone won't run the game for you, your framerates will suck. The GT550m did a better job although it still wasn't amazing. You need a gaming card if you want to run the game properly. The cpu is not the problem when you lack a gaming card to begin with.

Edited by Salva

I realize this, this is with any game. But, arma is MORE CPU HEAVY then GPU HEAVY.

It may be, but OP having basically no gpu power at his disposal is the problem in this case. His i5 is NOT the problem, while its true that a faster cpu would be nice.

Edited by Salva