Evil Minion

Whats your player type?

Bartle Test  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your (primary) gaming preference?

• DIAMOND (Achiever) - I like to gear up and survive.
    • SPADE (Explorer) - I like exploring and experimenting.
    • HEART (Socializer) - I like to meet new people and make friends.
    • CLUB (Killer) - I like to fight and kill.

I am diamond/spade/heart because I like to survive look the nice gear make frend with new guys what I am meet and also do experiment and try the new things but poll don't allow to choose 3 different? not all person is ply in only one way and some killer like the frends also and some explorer enjoy to do the murders so I like the idea what you putting but for me poll is not work in good way show true what I am play

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr11b

I think you may find this interesting.. similar test but I think it's less...errm.. generic? Timmy/Johnny/Spike describes what players ENJOY about what they do, rather than HOW they go about doing it... Like, Timmy may enjoy PVP, but he would enjoy the novel aspects of it .. whether he won or lost, he would appreciate the raw experience.. where as Johnny would PVP in a more creative way (like, say, enjoying setting up traps or creating interesting scenerios).. And Spike would just enjoy winning at PVP no matter the cost. I'm a "Johnny" personally, and my results on the Bartle Test are: 

336832243.png?force=true

Edited by Etherimp

I think the Bartle test is more general while Timmy/Johnny/Spike is more about games where the focus is on "winning" anyways. So all three of those types are - to a certain degree - aspects of Diamonds. Timmy leans towards Heart by going for show. Johnny leans towards Spade trying new stuff. And Spike leans towards Club as he enjoys competition and outplaying his opponent.

I think the Bartle test is more general while Timmy/Johnny/Spike is more about games where the focus is on "winning" anyways. So all three of those types are - to a certain degree - aspects of Diamonds. Timmy leans towards Heart by going for show. Johnny leans towards Spade trying new stuff. And Spike leans towards Club as he enjoys competition and outplaying his opponent.

True.. Just thought it shared some interesting parallels. 

Well, I've done pretty much everything there is to do and PvP is the only thing left that can be fun every now and then. When there's some new content I'm always there to check it out.

Currently waiting for vehicles in SA. I wonder how many people I'll be able to kidnap by stoping next to them and yelling "Get in the car! There's no time to explain!"

• Like 1

dkyaWQc.gif

lol.  Tonight I was mostly kitted, hit the town next to novo, and was in a bit of a hurry so I did not check around like I usually do.  I surprised a guy. said "friendly" three times, put my weapon completely away, and he says nothing... just walks up slowly to me and blows me away.  Not even witty dialogue.  I don't know exactly what I want to be in this game, but I can tell you....  I do not want to be that.  He was just a Rick.

Half Spade / Half heart for me.

Like experimenting, and I like trying to make new friends (very hard part because of the tendancy of people to KoS without trying to engage dialogue first).

Recently, I tried out fires, finally found a boar to make a backpack with its skin, cooked the meat on a portable gas stove + cooking pot.

It was a nice camping time with 2 mates in the SE forest of Zelenogorsk, one of the most entertaining and peacefull moments I ever had ingame since a while.

When I die, I'm going to get a crossbow and a PM63 Rak (for hunting and self defence). Then, I'm going to hide out in the forests and hunt. Maybe I'll loot some small villages from time to time, but I really want to see how long I can survive for. Do any of you do this, and if you do, what's your longest time you've survived?

Not going to beat about the bush, I'm a filthy bandit. I'll shoot at anyone I notice.

I am a diamond and a spade I guess, I get geared and go places I havent been and defend myself when needed.

Spade, club, and heart. Combat, exploring/experimenting, and interacting with people are all of the things that make this game great to me. Surviving and gearing up has gotten stale to me after doing it over and over again after hours upon hours of gameplay.

I love interacting with people but honestly I'm always hoping they give me a reason to kill them.

Edited by BeanWarVeteran

Yeah - most people are not 100% one type but a mix. However the vast majority should have a primary preference even though they might enjoy other aspects of the game from time to time.

When i bump to people without rifle or gun, i assume they are friendly, but when i bump to people that is fully geared, base on my experience, they are killers, so i stalk them and shoot them down using my favorite ak74.

Seems reasonable as highly geared players are most likely of the types:

1) got gear slowly -> worked hard for it and doesn't want to lose it

2) got gear quickly (via killing or other means like server hopping) to get into killing business faster

Of course you might also run into a player who just happens to be highly geared without falling into one of those categories (e.g. a heart player who killed and looted a highly geared player in self defense).

Edited by Evil Minion

Heart. if you chose Diamond Club congratulations you are the generic 80% of DayZ community.I hope you die slowly to a rotten kiwi. Your truly:some guy next to your house.

I think there are many Diamond/Club players coming from Arma as the game seems to be designed for this combination. The "new guys" are probably of more balanced in their preferences.

I figured some possible favorite buttons:

Diamond - F

Spade - Alt

Heart - Capslock

Club - LMB

• Like 2

Multiple choices should be allowed. DIAMOND + CLUB.

I would have liked a poll with two options but thats not possible. Allowing to vote for all four would defeat the purpose of the poll as most people would probably just vote for all four without thinking about the aspect they enjoy most. So I decided to make this about the primary preference only even though I am aware that there are a small number of players where two aspects are tied. For most one is dominant even if only by a small amount).

Lets bump this because people are talking about the one true way of playing this game again.

1. There are other ways to play the game than your own.
  2. This is evidenced by the poll above.
  3. Thats why you should stop arguing how the game should be taylored around your playstyle. We need a good mix of features people can work with and not a game specialized in either PvP or PvE.