Sign in to follow this  
kruzus

Dayz Mod FPS

Hi, so I started to play DayZ mod again, and it's great so far. There is one thing that I can't fix... Early minutes, let say I am in the woods.. the fps is fine around 50fps, then it drops when I get to cities, but when I go back to the woods instead of increasing FPS it stays same like I am in the city or something.. How can I fix this ? 

Thanks

This problem is as old as the game itself.. there is no fix. Everyone gets the dreaded "Cherno/Elektro Lag" unless they have a godly computer. My suggestion, Don't go to large cities. :P

This problem is as old as the game itself.. there is no fix. Everyone gets the dreaded "Cherno/Elektro Lag" unless they have a godly computer. My suggestion, Don't go to large cities. :P

Not really true. I get constant FPS in both towns and Open Fields.

It really depends on the server. Vanilla DayZ has gone through a lot of optimisation and FPS is a lot better these days.

This does not include Epoch (as poorly optimised and too many objects), as well as some servers having extra scripts or not restarting regularly.

If you find a vanilla server with no added scripts and being restarted regularly I can assure you that the FPS is good.

• Like 2

Yeah it seems bit laggier in epoch. In vanilla it's like decent, when I played arma 2 OA it was perfect like 90 FPS +