TheWizard14

I find it sad that NEAF is still getting camped

I always pick one up when I find the mag for it... then realize it's only taking up space. but can't toss it out cuz it took so long to find the damn mag lol

they are nice, or feel more comfortable, in buildings anyway

I sorta agree with OP. Loitering around NEAF is the same as loitering around Berezino. It's the closest easiest thing, the home of gimps and CoD fans, not where you'll find true apocalypse survivors. On any server with any population those are already picked over anyway, the only reason to go to either of those places is for PVP... and when I want PVP that's where I go. When I want to explore or get more interesting/meaningful interactions (when I'm not in my skiddish or prankster lone wolf mode) I head south along the coast or inland south of the airfields.

Remember - this is "DayZ", and not the following:

• CoD
  • Load up on military gear
  • LRS scavenger hunt
  • M4 cuz I pray and spray

I sorta agree with OP. Loitering around NEAF is the same as loitering around Berezino. It's the closest easiest thing, the home of gimps and CoD fans, not where you'll find true apocalypse survivors. On any server with any population those are already picked over anyway, the only reason to go to either of those places is for PVP... and when I want PVP that's where I go. When I want to explore or get more interesting/meaningful interactions (when I'm not in my skiddish or prankster lone wolf mode) I head south along the coast or inland south of the airfields.

• CoD
  • LRS scavenger hunt

I fail to see what's wrong with loading up with military gear.

• Like 1

Until actual survival elements are in place players are going to camp, DM at Berezino/NEAF and whine about nothing to do.  Once they do add survival the threads abut Berezino/NEAF will turn into whine posts about dying to starvation, freezing to death, diseases and who knows what else they plan on throwing at us.  It will be glorious.

• Like 2

Until actual survival elements are in place players are going to camp, DM at Berezino/NEAF and whine about nothing to do.  Once they do add survival the threads abut Berezino/NEAF will turn into whine posts about dying to starvation, freezing to death, diseases and who knows what else they plan on throwing at us.  It will be glorious.

Amen to this. I can't wait till they implement diseases and Mod style zombies into the game to make cities places you want to avoid.

I queued up the mod a few days ago and I'd forgotten just how hard going into a town.

Amen to this. I can't wait till they implement diseases and Mod style zombies into the game to make cities places you want to avoid.

I queued up the mod a few days ago and I'd forgotten just how hard going into a town.

I've been playing experimental. You'll be happy to know they've at least doubled or tripled the number of zombies in towns. last night I made the mistake of firing my SKS outside the firehall in the town north of the neaf. By the time I was done at least 12 zombies came at me normally 3-4 at a time. I only had 20 rounds for the SKS and some zombies took multiple rounds so I ended up having to kill them with a machete. They're also much better at climbing stairs. 

I fail to see what's wrong with loading up with military gear.

There's nothing wrong with it - but there are some who camp Berezino and NEAF as if it's the only things in the game to do. OP and myself are pointing out that's laughable and gimp, or better said some believe Berezino/NEAF is where all the pros go where instead I'd argue it's where the newbs and bambis run first (which is bewildering seeing as how they're picked clean and camped), making those who camp there only looking for sport kill that's not very sporting and closer to CoD rather than DayZ. That's the point, it's the simple/close/easy route.

Like seriously, is it too hard for people to get over that stupid airfield and actually try out the game? It's pathetic that people are still camping the only fucking military-type building there that is the ATC tower. Come on, try out the game, this isn't Elite Sniper- Kill everything.

I snipe at the NEAF too as soon as I get mosin with long range scope. It's the only thing left that's fun in the game. I've played as a stupid KoSer that runs across cities and shoots everyone, I've also played as a friendly guy and I was helping everyone I saw, I've helped so many people. I've done everything I could in the game and it just got boring. 

What does "helping people" mean if there's no survival? You can't help people because there is nothing you can help them with. "Not shooting" them isn't really considered helping, it's just not shooting them. And if you don't shoot them and let them go then what are they gonna do? Kill on sight or also don't shoot people. But if they don't shoot a guy they meet then what is that guy gonna do? (the circle goes forever) But why don't shoot people? What reward do you get from not shooting people? And how is it fun? If you would let everyone go and not shoot anybody then it would be just an online chat game where you meet people, talk with them, then let them go, instead of hardcore zombie survival.

Also killing people gives you no reward either. Why shoot people when you already have the best gear and loads of ammunition? Maybe because they're a potential threat? But if they're a threat then why don't you just stay deep in the forest with no people around and survive from collecting food and water from little villages? And if you don't have the best gear and you kill people to get it then when you get the best gear then it's the same thing (why shoot people then?) 

Edited by Gdaddy22

@OP I don't find it sad. I do stay away from NEAF unless I am a fresh spawn, though. That place is a madhouse. Still, there aren't very many things to do in DayZ at the moment:

• Do stupid stuff and (optionally) make Youtube videos.
  • Do PvP and (optionally) make Youtube videos.
  • Collect gear like Pokemon.

The current state of PvP in DayZ SA sucks. Hit registration is abysmal. With all of the desync in-game, hitting a moving target takes more luck that skill. Performance is horrible with lags fucking up most firefights. Glitches have as much of a chance of killing you as another player (hyperbole).

So I play game #3. Collect gear. KoS when necessary. KoS when someone has gear I want. Leave people alone unless they look like they need help. When fully geared suicide in Berezino or Svetlo. Respawn. Once persistent items and barricading are added I will do the exact same thing except I will store my gear and go look for more. Once faction identification and vehicles are added my friends will start playing again. Once companion animals are added I will join a private RP server.

What about shooting the shit with buddies on TeamSpeak while you wait for the inevitable PVP action to take place several minutes after a secret restart? Honestly, there are always people at NEAF. It's not like you're going to be sitting there for hours -- ten minutes at the most.

How is that any worse than spending 20+ minutes running to NWAF to server hop for gear? When I spawn, I find a basic gun and camp a high traffic area. Meanwhile, I'm doing my online banking while waiting for gear to come to me. This isn't a fast-paced shooter where camping denotes mouth-breathing; it's a tactical shooter with survival elements.

But yeah, camping is so stupid.

To stay in a place for 10 min or longer is not camping in my opinion. When I'm on the top floor of the hospital and one enters the building I for sure don't run down, I wait for him upstairs.

Maybe you do it for 10 min. But there are seriously people who don't do anything else the whole day.

Do your banking while playing, yeah. Cool story. Learn to do one thing and do it right. <_<

• CoD
  • LRS scavenger hunt

Actually 3 of the 4 of those actually are pretty much like what DayZ is right now lol

Actually 3 of the 4 of those actually are pretty much like what DayZ is right now lol

Well, true, because the rest of the content that makes it NOT like that is still in progress.