Sign in to follow this  
cubicleclown

where to download without addons?

I've been watching a lot of dayz videos, I particularly like 'The Great Khan' and would love to start playing.  I purchased operation arrowhead a while ago, just downloaded arma 2 free, and now would like to download dayz, but I can't seem to find it anywhere without a ton of addons that are a big headache.  Does anyone know a good place to download?  I will use bittorrent if I must, but I'm not familiar with its use and that would be a lot of trouble for me.

Thanks

The mod version of the game is addons :)

A simple launcher and downloader can be found here, http://dayzlauncher.com/

This is made by Maca134 and is still in early development for the steam changes for the game.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

or Dayzcommander^ that seems to be what most of the community is using nowadays. Simply because vanilla is dead. Or atleast i cant find any populated vanilla servers.

or Dayzcommander^ that seems to be what most of the community is using nowadays. Simply because vanilla is dead. Or atleast i cant find any populated vanilla servers.

Gamespy has shutdown its servers more or less, most servers have updated to steamworks servers now

DayZ Commander has not updated to steamworks integration yet, no comments from dotjosh other then he was working on it,

This is why in DayZ Commander most servers are showing as empty as it cannot get the information from them nor join them correctly. Hence why i did not give that information to him

ahh.. ok. sorry for the misinformation. I heard about the spyware shutdown but i only though it effected the game itself not every independent server.

• Like 1