Sign in to follow this  
BC_Hawke

Rallying together Vanilla DayZ Players

We (DayZ Knights) are trying to unify the people out there that are still interested in Vanilla DayZ mod.  We're not saying everyone should team up, but rather we're trying to create an environment in which people can get together to join the same servers (to keep population up where they want to play) or help each other out with any install issues or problems joining servers.  We've made some public channels in our TeamSpeak that people can congregate to meet up, choose a server to play on, ask questions, drum up rivalries, whatever they want.  This isn't for promotion of our TS server, as we really don't care how many people hang out there, nor are we "recruiting" people, we just want to unify the scattered remains of people that want to play DayZ mod as it was originally intended: without 1,000,000 vehicles/choppers/weapons/etc.  Also, we do not run a server nor do we want to promote any particular one.  We figured that giving people a place to congregate might lead to higher population on the vanilla public hive servers.

Our TS address is dayzknights.com .  Feel free to drop by and check out our public channels.  If you want, we could arrange a private passworded channel for your squad.  See you there!

• Like 2

+1

I'm having trouble finding a Public hive server nowadays to.. So sad

Well, hopefully once this Overpoch monster dies some players will come back.. if it dies..

Sounds good! Ahh, I remember the last time I played on a public hive server well over a year ago...logged out by the river wayyy northeast on the map. Just finished raiding a bandit camp with my group. 

Hopefully vanilla dayz servers get a bit more populated.

Edited by SixZoSeven

If you are wondering where the rest of the public hive and private DayZ Mod vanilla servers are hiding because of the lack of them on Steam, they didn't all shut down.

Many of the servers are feeding from the living dead corpse of gamespy ... MOVE TO STEAM, DAMN YOU!   Oh and if DayZ Commander still hasn't updated that won't be helping either!

Between them all, they're suffocating the last life out of DayZ Mod just when it is reaching its peak as a developed mod.

Many players have no idea how to downgrade back to pre-steam A2OA to play on the "hidden" servers, so they will wither and die ... hundreds of slots worth of public hive capacity sat there with about a dozen players on.

For the love of the apocalypse, somebody exorcise the ghost of gamespy past and make these luddites move on before they completely kill the dayz mod public hive!

Against my better judgement, I was going to post how to find these luddites ... but you know what?  Fuck that, I'm not helping to poison the well.

We (DayZ Knights) are trying to unify the people out there that are still interested in Vanilla DayZ mod.  We're not saying everyone should team up, but rather we're trying to create an environment in which people can get together to join the same servers (to keep population up where they want to play) or help each other out with any install issues or problems joining servers.  We've made some public channels in our TeamSpeak that people can congregate to meet up, choose a server to play on, ask questions, drum up rivalries, whatever they want.  This isn't for promotion of our TS server, as we really don't care how many people hang out there, nor are we "recruiting" people, we just want to unify the scattered remains of people that want to play DayZ mod as it was originally intended: without 1,000,000 vehicles/choppers/weapons/etc.  Also, we do not run a server nor do we want to promote any particular one.  We figured that giving people a place to congregate might lead to higher population on the vanilla public hive servers.

Our TS address is dayzknights.com .  Feel free to drop by and check out our public channels.  If you want, we could arrange a private passworded channel for your squad.  See you there!

Just watched your public hive episode 2 vid there on youtube, and I must say it was very impressive. Up there with a Frankie vid IMO. Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Vanilla dayz was a flawed mod (Chernarus mainly).  The novelty of the game is what drove it for so long.  Now that there are other mods, DayZ has become much more entertaining and enjoyable.  That of course is my opinion.

Vanilla dayz was a flawed mod (Chernarus mainly).  The novelty of the game is what drove it for so long.  Now that there are other mods, DayZ has become much more entertaining and enjoyable.  That of course is my opinion.

Yes, that is very subjective, but I can objectively point out that the mods have changed (I'd even use the word bastardized) the game so far that it doesn't even resemble DayZ in the slightest.  They are much, much more akin to Wasteland, Grand Theft Auto or Battlefield than DayZ.  DayZ mod certainly has flaws (as does any game or mod), but I'd disagree that it's flawed as a whole and argue that it's still a damn good game even after 2 years of playing it.  It's not about novelty.  It is a genuinely fun game that has a lot to offer and continues to be improved with ongoing updates (check out 1.8.1 if you haven't already, it's drastically changed how the game is played for the better).  The game is a different experience every time I log in.  For those that don't take advantage of what the game has to offer and simply do Cherno/Elektro PvP followed by Stary/NWAF PvP over and over and over...well then yeah, the game might get old for you.  

• Like 2