DaveATR

Ashwood Bow.

So.. They shrank it down... It now looks like a toy bow.. Why.. It was already pretty lame, judging from the posts I read about it. I finally decide to make one, and it looks like something my 10 year old would shoot his friends with....

End rant.

• Like 1

I could not be arsed much with crafting bow or to use a crossbow for that matter. The reason being arrows too rare to enjoy these weapons.

Oh well, once arrow crafting is in the game, I will have my fun with those.

I managed to secure 9 arrows. I had wanted to just skirt cities and avoid as much contact as possible. living off the land, etc... 

I was looking forward to the bow. I was extremely disappointed to see the model had been changed, and shrunk down.. Hopefully though, its a sign to implement another bow in the near future.

the REALLY need to make arrows craftable, sticks directly to arrows

what practical reason does a craftable weapon have if it can't be used without a very rarely spawning item?

I used the crossbow and love it, but is there a page online on how to craft, items needed and so on.

we are sidetracking! The visual size... that's the problem.. it looks like a toy bow. its pathetic.it dwarfs even true shortbows, which were made smaller only so they could be shot from horseback...

Seriously.. it looks like a truck stop, backwoods toy. CHANGE IT BACK.

As fun as the idea of using the bows are, they're never really going to be effective in this game, IMO. Not unless they offer some kind of poisoning or lethality. As of right now, I don't really fancy the idea of running into battle against a bunch of infinite ammo M4 wielding jackasses while I am armed with only a bow.

Hopefully they'll get a practical use in the future

Seriously.. it looks like a truck stop, backwoods toy. CHANGE IT BACK.

I doubt that the size is something that will stay if it's really that off as you're saying.

Expect it to change. When - I don't know. Does it matter? Not really. It's not really affecting gameplay after all and a mere resize of the model itself can be done at any given time, though I would prefer if Dev-Time is being thrown at other stuff, that is actually affecting gameplay.

• Like 1

I doubt that the size is something that will stay if it's really that off as you're saying.

Expect it to change. When - I don't know. Does it matter? Not really. It's not really affecting gameplay after all and a mere resize of the model itself can be done at any given time, though I would prefer if Dev-Time is being thrown at other stuff, that is actually affecting gameplay.

derppppp.png

• Like 2

hello my friend :) how are you? ^_^

:beans: :D :D

The gameplay is fairly reminiscent of the mod. I run into douche bags all the time exercising douchebaggery constantly.

Its still a "lewt" grind, until you're armed enough to go and rain misery on players. I'm not really seeing where the SA falls short of the mod. It has about the same amount of content, unless you compare it to something like Epoch. Its really only missing automobiles, helicopters, and tents. Of which, I'd only actually like to see 2 of the 3 implemented. Theres no real content beyond "find stuff". At that point its player driven as to whats done after you "find stuff".

And this was all meant as a rant, as to the unmentioned(seriously, anywhere in any of the patches notes), change in size to the bow. The relevance lies in the fact that as a player of the game I was hoping to run around with a bow and take things out. Irrelevant to the usual CoD fest the game generally becomes.

And yes, aesthetics in a game are pretty important to me. If not most gamers entirely.

Edited by DaveATR

The gameplay is fairly reminiscent of the mod. I run into douche bags all the time exercising douchebaggery constantly.

Its still a "lewt" grind, until you're armed enough to go and rain misery on players. I'm not really seeing where the SA falls short of the stand alone. It has about the same amount of content, unless you compare it to something like Epoch. Its really only missing automobiles, helicopters, and tents. Of which, I'd only actually like to see 2 of the 3 implemented. Theres no real content beyond find stuff. At that point its player driven as to whats done after you find stuff.

And this was all meant as a rant, as to the unmentioned(seriously, anywhere in any of the patches notes), change in size to the bow. The relevance lies in the fact that as a player of the game I was hoping to run around with a bow and take things out. Irrelevant to the usual CoD fest the game general becomes.

And yes, aesthetics in a game are pretty important to me. If not most gamers entirely.

It's also missing an engine that can properly run it lol xD

Its no coincidence that they chose the same engine that the Mod was based off of. As well, the gameplay seems to be a strong selling point as they recently struck over 2 million copies sold. So, either its not the game you envision it should be and they're entirely wrong in their endeavor, or they're doing what attracted people to it in the first place on the platform it was originally built on.

Edited by DaveATR