Sign in to follow this  
StingingRumble

We need 60-100 player sever

Idk I just feel that high pop servers will create that separation out of necessity, which as we all know is the mother of invention

Idk I just feel that high pop servers will create that separation out of necessity, which as we all know is the mother of invention

Based on the videos I saw of 100 player servers, it was 30 people running naked through elektro getting shot at by the other 70.

• Like 1

Based on the videos I saw of 100 player servers, it was 30 people running naked through elektro getting shot at by the other 70.

Well most of the servers I played on I was encountering all kinds of action across every town in Chernaurus. Most of the action was obviously centered around the coast towns at times, but that's the dev team's own fault for not realizing the practicality of spreading out spawn locations from the coast at the time. And honestly, at that stage in the game's development, when you could gear out in less than an hour, what else was there to do but go interact with other players and find the biggest hot spot of action? What else are you gonna do, run around and collect more pristine bananas?

I disagree.

The Apocalypse should feel lonely and desolate, you should feel as if you're the last man alive in the whole world. Seeing another human should be an amazing experience, it should be rare.

Like this:

S1bx3aW.jpg

Instead of this:

h7TV5xK.jpg

40 man servers are just fine as long as everybody spawns in a different house, shack in the woods, or crashed car throughout the entire map, instead of one concentrated bloodbath area on the north east coast.

• Like 1

I disagree.

The Apocalypse should feel lonely and desolate, you should feel as if you're the last man alive in the whole world. Seeing another human should be an amazing experience, it should be rare.

Like this:

S1bx3aW.jpg

That sounds like some fun gameplay right there...run around and loot and do a bunch of stuff while hardly ever interacting with players.

I think to avoid being too similar to the  Battlefield series, player numbers should be kept lower. It was fine with 40 in the mod and there's no reason for it to be increased, this would dilute the tension which the large map/low player numbers creates. It might be an idea to move the spawnpoints again so they are a little more localised, as many people seem to stay close by to where they spawn. That would increase the chances of meeting players but potentially cause trouble for newspawns.

I think to avoid being too similar to the  Battlefield series, player numbers should be kept lower. It was fine with 40 in the mod and there's no reason for it to be increased, this would dilute the tension which the large map/low player numbers creates. It might be an idea to move the spawnpoints again so they are a little more localised, as many people seem to stay close by to where they spawn. That would increase the chances of meeting players but potentially cause trouble for newspawns.

Yeah this is all well and good for when the game is actually DONE, but for now, I would like some maximized player encounters and interactions while they're working on all the content that would actually make this game interesting without player interaction every 20 minutes.

That sounds like some fun gameplay right there...run around and loot and do a bunch of stuff while hardly ever interacting with players.

Nobody who's geared up interacts in the first place.

There are plenty of people who do, as I have met them and am one of them.

I tend to usually shoot to kill when I feel at odds, but I enjoy a good player interaction. You must just have a lot of terrible experiences with geared players lol xD

Yeah this is all well and good for when the game is actually DONE, but for now, I would like some maximized player encounters and interactions while they're working on all the content that would actually make this game interesting without player interaction every 20 minutes.

Having people spawn only on the south coast again for instance would create all the player interaction you could want, even on a 40 player server, without flooding it with an army. Also, it could very easily be done immediately. I do agree that player encounters should be encouraged at this stage in development but I'd rather see zombie numbers and behaviour being worked on rather than making sure the server can handle more players. It's really aiming for the same goal.

There are plenty of people who do, as I have met them and am one of them.

I tend to usually shoot to kill when I feel at odds, but I enjoy a good player interaction. You must just have a lot of terrible experiences with geared players lol xD

By nobody I meant 90% of the geared up DayZ Players

Depends.. Mostly if I am geared up I am in a dangerous place where interaction involves putting bullets into someone or dodging bullets from someone. .  But if I happen to come across someone NOT at an airfield/military base, I'm open to sitting around the campfire telling scary stories.

By nobody I meant 90% of the geared up DayZ Players

Aww cmon now, I'm sure it's less than that :D

Sounds fuckin awesome. I want.

100 players is great if you want deathmatching and gunfights all the time, but if you want to actually survive, build a camp, have warz with other clans, have diplomacy with some clans 100 is just too crowded. Even as little as 20 people can make the map feel very alive when each of the 20 is divided between 4 groups. Each group having some tents and vehicles means everyone is mobile and well equipped, so encounters happen more often.  When everyone is mobile and entrenched a server with 40 people could start to feel crowded :)