wmike20052

Not sure if its against the rules, so please go easy. Are there any "Loadout" Servers?

What i mean is, a server that starts you with a random loadout. A random gun, clothes, etc.

Similar to how some of the mod servers are.

Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the experience of gearing myself and all that, but sometimes i just want to get in and get out, if you know what i mean.

No, but I'm pretty sure once private hives come out there will be such servers 

, but sometimes i just want to get in and get out, if you know what i mean.

You mean sometimes you want to get in and KOS someone and then get out ^_^ ...I hope 'easymode' never gets in again, you don't have my sympathy.

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 2

^

Easy mode private hive servers destroyed the mod. It turned from a legitimate survival game into a shooter no better than the like of open world CoD.

Now that I think of it? DayZ got reversed back into ArmA 2 by the PvP community.

I hope private hives never become a thing.

Ever again.

• Like 3

You mean sometimes you want to get in and KOS someone and then get out ^_^ ...I hope 'easymode' never gets in again, you don't have my sympathy.

Wasnt asking for sympathy. 'Easymode' as opposed to walking for an hour hoping you find a gun before your KOS'd by a dude and his pals that most likely duped their gear.

Or my favorite, spawn on coast, head to nearest town, find nothing, repeat for another 3-4 towns, find nothing, say **** it ima head to an airfield, get sniped on the way in, or even better, find nothing, get sniped on the way out. If im lucky enough to not get killed searching anyone of those pre mentioned towns.

And yes i do take my time, ninja'ing my way everywhere once i have anything worth holding onto. Im not one of those guys who just runs down the middle of the streets/coast/train tracks.

And no @ serverhopping, tho it is a 'easier' way, its just plain annoying. I rather not.

I rather not.  

Wasnt asking for sympathy. 'Easymode' as opposed to walking for an hour hoping you find a gun before your KOS'd by a dude and his pals that most likely duped their gear.

Or my favorite, spawn on coast, head to nearest town, find nothing, repeat for another 3-4 towns, find nothing, say **** it ima head to an airfield, get sniped on the way in, or even better, find nothing, get sniped on the way out. If im lucky enough to not get killed searching anyone of those pre mentioned towns.

And yes i do take my time, ninja'ing my way everywhere once i have anything worth holding onto. Im not one of those guys who just runs down the middle of the streets/coast/train tracks.

And no @ serverhopping, tho it is a 'easier' way, its just plain annoying. I rather not.

I rather not.  

Dude, if you are legitimately only here for a PvP experience, just play ArmA 3.

• Like 1

I don't actually understand all the KOS complaints, It happen very rarely to me, and being KOS'sed while freshspawn doesn't bother me too much because I have nothing to loose. And giving a gun to every freshpawn is just gonna increase the KOS problem because the KOS'ers doesnt even need to gear up, they can just spawn and kill the first moving thing they see and the coast would become even more of a killzone than it already is...Spawning among other freshspawns would be a nightmare and that way I may never make it from the coast because of all the geared up bambis laying around looking for a target..

Most of the time it takes me 15-20 minutes to get geared up with a decent gun on populated servers. And offcourse heading to an airfield is sure gonna get you killed, why even run there when unarmed, you can find plenty of weapons laying around elsewhere, police stations, firestations etc. And basicly just stay away from the 'hotzones' when gearing up and you will be fine.

Then you need to work on your ninja'ing skills

You don't need "Loadouts", you really don't. You can kill zombies with your fists if you have to. In the Mod without anything you were helpless till you found a pistol/crowbar/hatchet/machete. In SA you can defend yourself from the moment you spawn, although not very well. 

They are changing the loot system around so that you will be able to find something to defend yourself with and I am certain I don't need to mention the word "alpha".

Maybe try a low population server?

What i mean is, a server that starts you with a random loadout. A random gun, clothes, etc.

Similar to how some of the mod servers are.

Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the experience of gearing myself and all that, but sometimes i just want to get in and get out, if you know what i mean.

Play arma 3 then. this is a survival game.

The only "loadout" we need here is a flashlight and our fists!

Edited by quantum2k6