Sign in to follow this  
Mainstream

Silenced weapons works incorrect

Hello,

I was playing DayZ today and I found that silenced pistols make same noise for zombies as non silenced pistols.

I looted military tents on NWAF and when I was going back to barracks zombie noticed me and run from these tents. When I headshoted him , another zombie near hangars reacted.

I am 100% sure that this zombie run to me after shot. Moreover, range was ridiculous big, about 40 metres. Please reply if you had the same problem. Hope that someone from Dev will visit this topic.

Edited by Mainstream

This is a well known issue.

Please use the search function next time, there are tons of threads about this.

OK, sorry.

Btw, any info about fixing it?

• Like 1

No need to be rude.

OK, sorry.

Btw, any info about fixing it?

No problem, happens to all of us.

And no, im not sure about when it will be fix.

The amphibia, the 22lr pistol with a built in silencer, does work correctly, if that interests you.

No need to be rude.

How exactly was i rude? Did i say, "christ just search for it next time you freakin nub?"

I really fail to see how my post could be seen as rude. A bit blunt maybe, but not rude.

• Like 7

No problem, happens to all of us.

And no, im not sure about when it will be fix.

The amphibia, the 22lr pistol with a built in silencer, does work correctly, if that interests you.

How exactly was i rude? Did i say, "christ just search for it next time you freakin nub?"

I really fail to see how my post could be seen as rude. A bit blunt maybe, but not rude.

maybe it's just me, but when I read people who type use the search function I only read it in the snarky twat voice. Sorry if you meant it nicely.

• Like 2

maybe it's just me, but when I read people who type use the search function I only read it in the snarky twat voice. Sorry if you meant it nicely.

Especially when preceded by the word "please", right?

ahh, i see what you mean. 

I figured saying search would come off kind of douchy, but its still a relevant point.

Especially when preceded by the word "please", right?

Would you rather somebody say "search nub" and nothing else. If the please came off as sarcastic or condescending, it wasnt.

Aaannnyyywaaaaay....

Known issue.

Will be addressed.

Amphibia works as intended.

• Like 3

ahh, i see what you mean. 

I figured saying search would come off kind of douchy, but its still a relevant point.

Would you rather somebody say "search nub" and nothing else. If the please came off as sarcastic or condescending, it wasnt.

*whoosh*

I was talking to Jfiles, not you.

I'm not so sure about the amphibia. The sound might be working but I think zombies are still getting aggroed by the amphibia as if there was no silencer on it.