GunnyITA

Sporter 22 Mags loot

Because of its low damage it's an understimante weapon

In these days i'm using it and i'm really enjoying it, even in firefights! Medium range is a badass, it only suffer the long range fights (against a mosin) and short range fights (where wins the firepower)

There's only a problem with it:

Unlike all the other civilians weapons, the sporter require a magazines! So then you have to chambering a bullet...but then, well, it's better keep go on with a shovel because of its damage.

it is true that :1 shoot and you are dead, helmet or not. I really killed a guy with the helmet close range with 1 shot.

But will you always have cold blood for it?

it's a kind of bullet that is less damage than a shotgun shell!

It's extremely rare to find 30 rounds mags on fire station or police station

The only place you have to go to are military bases.

....But once you go to a military base and will you find an AK or an SKS with a PU-SCOPE will you really keep the sporter?

It's much more rare finding a sporter mag than an AK....

Am i joking? Off course not! On game you can find AK magazine also by killing other players, but how many times have you ever meet a sporter one?

As soon you will find a weapon with higher damage and magazines than the sporter, you will swap it!

Either if you find mags for it on the base, i don't think among us there are people will keep it. It's the most "Temporary" weapon on the game.

Things are 2:

Or:

Increasing the 30 and 10 mags loot on the game, not only mainly military base

Or:

automatically let a 10 mag empty inside the weapon, so probably players will keep it because they fell a little bit more safe.

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 3

big problem.

The .22lr should be the rifle you absolutely most often see in peoples hands far more common than mosins, or even shotguns.

The sporter along with all magazine fed weapons should spawn in with atleast 1 magazine already inside of them empty of course.

This would make the weapon far more viable for defense and zombie elimination.

• Like 5

The 22, blaze, and shotgun stuff should be removed from millitary spawns and made to spawn in residential mainly...cause the millitary isn't using a 22 and these things are diluting the spawns..

More segregation of the spawns are needed. I love how mp5k is only in the police spawns.

• Like 2

The 22, blaze, and shotgun stuff should be removed from millitary spawns and made to spawn in residential mainly...cause the millitary isn't using a 22 and these things are diluting the spawns..

More segregation of the spawns are needed. I love how mp5k is only in the police spawns.

I kinda want the opposite.

I want military spawns to be far more restrictive and specific to their loot meanwhile Residential spawns having a chance to spawn anything in the game at very low chances of course.

So for instance on a fresh restart and the server full of loot  there could be say 2 akms in all of the military loot points, meanwhile there would be something like 5 akms in all of the residential spawn points in completely random buildings.

This would provide more of an incentive for people to not just run straight into military zones and it would also increase randomness in the loot system something that is a good thing.

You should never go into a building and expect to know what will spawn there. This just leads to many buildings being ignored or never entered.

• Like 4

I want military spawns to be far more restrictive and specific to their loot meanwhile Residential spawns having a chance to spawn anything in the game at very low chances of course.

So for instance on a fresh restart and the server full of loot  there could be say 2 akms in all of the military loot points, meanwhile there would be something like 5 akms in all of the residential spawn points in completely random buildings.

This would provide more of an incentive for people to not just run straight into military zones and it would also increase randomness in the loot system something that is a good thing.

You should never go into a building and expect to know what will spawn there. This just leads to many buildings being ignored or never entered.

Does not make sense...though.

I am fine with very few AKMs spawning but they should be restricted to what makes sense...

That said all guns aside from the MP5-K m4 and AKM should down in residential places.

If all items can be found anywhere then why ever make the trek up to the northwest ? Players will stick to the coast more and more since large cities will have more loot.

By limiting the spawns to areas that make sense in various areas of the map then players will travel more and infeasible of team death match in the cities u have a more thief/stalke type of game play.

People run to the cities expecting pvp and that's it it changes the dynamic when u think u pvp can jump out from anywhere and u have to go search for people in the wilderness...a true hunt.

Does not make sense...though.

I am fine with very few AKMs spawning but they should be restricted to what makes sense...

That said all guns aside from the MP5-K m4 and AKM should down in residential places.

If all items can be found anywhere then why ever make the trek up to the northwest ? Players will stick to the coast more and more since large cities will have more loot.

By limiting the spawns to areas that make sense in various areas of the map then players will travel more and infeasible of team death match in the cities u have a more thief/stalke type of game play.

People run to the cities expecting pvp and that's it it changes the dynamic when u think u pvp can jump out from anywhere and u have to go search for people in the wilderness...a true hunt.

It makes perfect sense , it could be a survivor who didn't make it and left the rifle in his home.

Or  a civilian owned akm.

Or a squad police officers taking shelter in the home when they were overrun.

There are plenty of reasons for high end loot to potentially spawn in civilian homes as long as it is in low low numbers.

Reason you would trek northwest is because you cannot reliably loot civilian houses in hopes of finding the specific item you want.

If you go to military bases however your chances of finding what you are looking for increases thus making it a better spot to hit.

• Like 2

It makes perfect sense , it could be a survivor who didn't make it and left the rifle in his home.

Or  a civilian owned akm.

Or a squad police officers taking shelter in the home when they were overrun.

There are plenty of reasons for high end loot to potentially spawn in civilian homes as long as it is in low low numbers.

Reason you would trek northwest is because you cannot reliably loot civilian houses in hopes of finding the specific item you want.

If you go to military bases however your chances of finding what you are looking for increases thus making it a better spot to hit.

I disagree...because in this case i'll continue to server hopping to a medium/high town on empty server with the hope to find an AK in civilian house

I disagree...because in this case i'll continue to server hopping to a medium/high town on empty server with the hope to find an AK in civilian house

This would be pointless and time consuming.

5 akms for instance would be extremely hard to find because of the sheer number of civilian spawns. You would just end up wasting your time.

As for server hopping that is an entirely different problem one the devs must address eventually with either a log in timer or making loot disappear in the vicinity of the player joining.

• Like 1

This would be pointless and time consuming.

5 akms for instance would be extremely hard to find because of the sheer number of civilian spawns. You would just end up wasting your time.

As for server hopping that is an entirely different problem one the devs must address eventually with either a log in timer or making loot disappear in the vicinity of the player joining.

nhaa...maibe with global loot system!

So for instance on a fresh restart and the server full of loot there could be say 2 akms in all of the military loot points, meanwhile there would be something like 5 akms in all of the residential spawn points in completely random buildings.

This.

I think Sporter and Sporter magazines should not be found on military sites - it just doesn't make much sense as .22LR is too weak for military purposes Its a weapon for hunting and sports and should be found where one expects such a weapon. Finding Sporter 22 equipment on a military site is like the game showing you a trollface. As is having to visit military bases for getting its magazines.

AKMs on the other side should not spawn in residential areas - players who want military equipment better risk looting a military place. In the end both the Sporter and the AKM should not be found in police stations as the former is "too civilian" and the latter is "too military". Good police weapons are the SKS and MP5 for example (they are not overly powerful as the AKM but feature the stopping power the Sporter 22 lacks).

I think Sporter and Sporter magazines should not be found on military sites - it just doesn't make much sense as .22LR is too weak for military purposes

errrrr .22lr is actually used alot by the military the Russians in particular uses a .22lr precision rifle to take out guard dogs, or guards with silent head shots.

9qRm1rk.png

SV-99 a suppressed precision russian .22lr rifle used by the Russian Military

Or

Israel also uses the .22lr the ruger 10/22 in particular as a silenced , precision short range rifle for riot control and guard elimination.

vBz5RP1.jpg

tarqztgl1gfwj05q3kzm-e1377634025761.jpg

0003ze.jpg

• Like 2

errrrr .22lr is actually used alot by the military the Russians in particular uses a .22lr precision rifle to take out guard dogs, or guards with silent head shots.

9qRm1rk.png

SV-99 a suppressed precision russian .22lr rifle used by the Russian Military

Or

Israel also uses the .22lr the ruger 10/22 in particular as a silenced , precision short range rifle for riot control and guard elimination.

vBz5RP1.jpg

tarqztgl1gfwj05q3kzm-e1377634025761.jpg

0003ze.jpg

of course the one in dayz looks nothing like that ;) 

of course the one in dayz looks nothing like that ;)

One in dayz is a regular 10/22 although realistically nothing prevents it from taking optics and there is no .22lr suppressors to mount on.

I'd gladly trade my Engraved 1911 with 2 mags for an Amphib with same. My magnum serves as a great primary sidearm but Amphib excels at stealth.

big problem.

The .22lr should be the rifle you absolutely most often see in peoples hands far more common than mosins, or even shotguns.

The sporter along with all magazine fed weapons should spawn in with atleast 1 magazine already inside of them empty of course.

This would make the weapon far more viable for defense and zombie elimination.

Compeltely agree - loving your logic, sir

MP-5 is a police, not a military weapon.

There is no reason for it to spawn in military areas. On the other hand, it should be found in police stations and the like.

Not really.

Remeber that Chernarus is a country which has or had compulsory military service, so .. probably 1 assault rifle per 3 people somewhere in storage. Czech Republic, after which Chernarus was modelled. 

So the most common weapon, by rights, should be whatever was in use by the army when they ended compulsory military service.Optics ought to be very, very uncommon. 

What do you want optics for anyway? Simo Hayha shot 500 Soviets with nothing more than a Mosin..
Edited by Cullis

MP-5 is a police, not a military weapon.

There is no reason for it to spawn in military areas. On the other hand, it should be found in police stations and the like.

Not really.

Remeber that Chernarus is a country which has or had compulsory military service, so .. probably 1 assault rifle per 3 people somewhere in storage. Czech Republic, after which Chernarus was modelled. 

So the most common weapon, by rights, should be whatever was in use by the army when they ended compulsory military service.Optics ought to be very, very uncommon. 

What do you want optics for anyway? Simo Hayha shot 500 Soviets with nothing more than a Mosin..

I mean it in terms of gameplay improvements that would come from this.

Establishing .22lr weapons as the base most common firearm in the game has great potential we would see alot more people maim each other instead of outright killing themselves with a single shot.

Key is to offer more .22lr weapons, A .22lr revolver, a Bolt action highly accurate .22lr with a max effective range of 400m, a unsilenced far more common .22lr pistol.

• Like 1

A .22lr revolver, a Bolt action highly accurate .22lr with a max effective range of 400m

2438326-laughing-hysterically.gif

Dude. You know what the balistics of .22 are like?

2438326-laughing-hysterically.gif

Dude. You know what the balistics of .22 are like?

Yup huge drop at that range but still enough to puncture the skin and cause bleeding if it hits an organ it causes a serious injury.

It will reach there and hit with somewhat decent accuracy when fired out of the right rifle like a cz 455.

Nothing will EVER stop people from running straight to military zones lol. Even if they updated it and nothing was there they'd still go there

Nothing will EVER stop people from running straight to military zones lol. Even if they updated it and nothing was there they'd still go there

Sure of course but it will give people more of an incentive to loot civilian spawns too.

So if done right you would see people putting higher value on civilian spawns .

If they were smart they'd do that already. It's one of the fastest ways to gear up :P

Sure of course but it will give people more of an incentive to loot civilian spawns too.

So if done right you would see people putting higher value on civilian spawns .

They should do that not by making millitary loot spawn everywhere but making more valuable civillian only loot. A great example would be the riders jacket which is highly sought after and only spawns in civilian areas. Even this recent setup with MP5-K myself sent people out to Gorka just to try and find one.

If all loot spawned everywhere then people will just camp cherno. I like a dynamic system where you say I want item A so head to destintiok x but then for item b I must head to destination Y.

There are plenty of ways they can make civilian loot better no sense in just gimping millitary bases.

Like introduce more commonly used guns nd attaychments that are easily purchased in civilian stores. Even the mousin, sks, crossbow, blaze & all the handguns really should spawn in any civilian house since they are not restricted to millitary use only if at all in real life. All of their attatchments should also be found in cities. Then add other cool items to civilian spawns which would cause all players to want them for example all those cool attatchments on the 22lr should spawn in civilian areas since u could leaglly purchase them in real life.

To further improve this they should make damage more realistic. No on should tank 5 shots from a 22 and still be standing. 1-2 shots from ANY rifle in this game will kill you in a matters of seconds or leave you permanently maimed and in need of drastic surgery.

Then millitary weapons advantages are smaller and lie mainly in rate of fire. Which in dayz stealth is more important. So someone gets a jump on you with a 22 and fires a round into your lungs ur down....no spraying that AKM for help.

This would allow players to use a weapon they feel handles best for them as opposed to millitary loot. Couple that with millitary only weapons require ammo only found in dangerous millitary areas and a 22 does not seem so bad when playing for self preservation.

Further they should allow players to mod weapons. My dad had a friend who had modded an sks to be fully auto. It isn't that expensive or difficult to do for the sks. Say u find an item similiar to weapon cleaning kit and no sks fully auto. You could then suprised people with 10 rounds in rapid succession then they expect a slower rate of fire.

I feel what I have outlined above would be way more fun and involved then our current nonsensical and unbalanced loot system and more realistic then all items spawning everywhere irregardless of location (sure maybe small chances for items to spawn everywhere but make it rare)

It's not 'effective range' if you can shoot like that only on the range. Can you even set a normal scope to compensate for the drop?