Sign in to follow this  
zyryx

portable stove

I have a portable stove and gas canister, but can't figure out how to cook raw meat. What am I doing wrong?

I think it's bugged atm and burns food straight away. From what I remember you attach the canister to the stove then put them on the floor. Then right click and select turn on. Attach a pot to that and add the food in.

I need a pot? Damn... is all this worth the space? I need a bigger backpack.

I have a portable stove and gas canister, but can't figure out how to cook raw meat. What am I doing wrong?

See above me, that's how it should work.

However, I prefer to just carry matches and an axe and rags you will have anyway if you are smart.

With those you can build a fire almost anywhere and cook your meat. This setup is much more space efficient.

Fires are hardly visible in daytime (smoke is negligible) and at night the light carries about 300 meters / yards or so. So as long as you keep in deep woods away from roads you should be fine.

• Like 1

What is nice about the portable stove is you can have the 2x1 stove, a 1x1 or 2x1 gas canister, and the 2x2 cooking pot all assembled together in just the 2x1 stove inventory space.  Then when you want to use it, you put it on the ground and turn it on, then put the meat in.

Actually cooking the meat takes a while, I got impatient after 5 minutes and said screw it, but I've heard it only burns the meat anyways, but I cannot confirm.

Edit:  Oh, a frying pan works too if you find that rather than the cooking pot.

Edited by doctajones

What is nice about the portable stove is you can have the 2x1 stove, a 1x1 or 2x1 gas canister, and the 2x2 cooking pot all assembled together in just the 2x1 stove inventory space.  Then when you want to use it, you put it on the ground and turn it on, then put the meat in.

Actually cooking the meat takes a while, I got impatient after 5 minutes and said screw it, but I've heard it only burns the meat anyways, but I cannot confirm.

Edit:  Oh, a frying pan works too if you find that rather than the cooking pot.

+ 5x1 meat in the pot on stove in the pack

Yeah you can combine all three components (gas, stove and pot/frying pan) in one 2x1 so it's very space efficient. Unfortunately and I confirmed this today, anything you cook on it is immediately burnt... So that sucks. I even tried heating a bit, turning off the gas and letting it slow cook but that doesn't seem to work.